• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator 903c in Contact Maint 1031

WPNS421

Today we completed our conversion of the M1031 Contact Maintenance truck. We removed the old welder/generator and we replaced it with a 10kw 903C generator. M109 Guy built a control panel from scratch and then mounted the generator into the CMT. The truck is now equipped to run our MIG welder, plasma arc cutter,compressor and has 8 electrical outlets for power tools or emergency lighting. The system is wired into a circuit breaker box that has a 50 amp breaker and 4x 20 amp breakers for the individual plugs.
The truck has been repainted and has passed state safety requirements. Overall a very nice transplant and a very sweet truck.

Attachments

WPNS421

The control panel wasbuilt from scratch using the diagrams and information for the original panel. Overall cost for the panel is in the $600-$700 range. It does what the original panel did.

WPNS421

Yes the genset is a MEP 903C and yes you do have to open the doors for air and exhaust because we put a plate under the generator on the original model there was an open area under the generator welder.

quickfarms

Thanks for the reply.

I actually got a chance to work on the MEP 903 today.

It is in really nice shape and the factory paint is still on a portion of the exhaust manifold

It looks like it was last servuced in 2009 and all of the fluids look clean.

quickfarms

I wired up the control panel and the Mep 903 started on the first try after a little testing.

The photo of the control panel in the truck appears to have been taken when the master switch in on but the unit is not running. The water temp warning light appear to be lit but the tem guage does not indicate a hot engine.

On my control panel the oil pressure light is lit in this condition.

I think that the water temp light is only supposed to light if the water temp is to high.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks