• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator help plz (MEP-003A)

FoxyDenHouseboat

Hi.
Got me a mep-003a.
If anybody has any info on the generator side of the unit, I would appreciate some help.
Removed the two control boxes, they were damaged internally.
Wondering what and if there's a simple commercial unit, or way to wire sometime else into the Gen Head?

IMG_20240210_083326209.jpg

FoxyDenHouseboat

Do you know anything about the engine or gen head's condition?
If not, the first thing I would do is get it running ( using a temporary fuel source etc. ) to be sure the engine is worthy of building a gen around.
all a diesel needs to run is fuel, air and power to the starter.
Diesel, runs
Gen Head, does/did put out power.

Control boxes for Gen Head were damaged, but did work prior to damage (forklift arms smacked into causing damage a month after receiving, not by me).
I'd like to get it reconfigured to produce 110/220, as I only need 110 to run my houseboat, with the possibility of Daisy chaining for others if need be during the aftermath of hurricane.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks