• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator id?

bjsmith

Could someone tell me the model of this generator. It's a 56.2kva with a 4 cylinder cummins. Was told it was old military generator but does not have any of the original placards. All it has is the generator and engine data plates. Thanks

Attachments

Isaac-1

All I can tell you is that it is an old one, until the late 1960's the military did not have a standardized generator program, logistic concerns supporting a myriad of different generator models in the field led to the development of the MEP mil std series of generators. Anything built prior to that was procured contract to contract and as a result there may be dozens of some models and thousands of others.

bjsmith

Ok thanks. Yes is a 61 model. Engine runs perfect but generator not putting out. But I found few bad diodes that I'm waiting on new ones to come in and see if it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks