• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator Mount to M925 Bumper & Frame

Bhpdbrad

I wanted to add a mount to the front bumper area for my generator.

I use it (generator) to power my sound system for parades and also intend to use it for camping. Previously, I just carried it in the bed but the noise and exhaust would interfere with my riders in the back...

Here's the last weekend project/build/mod:
This: (Note the masking tape outline on floor)
IMG_7936.jpg
Mounted here:
FullSizeRender.jpg

The end result was to mount a skidplate tray that has pull-pin catch that will sit on another tray that is welded to 1 X 4 tube - that is bolted to the bottom of the front bumper and side of the extended frame bottom.

This makes the generator sit securely inside the tray and yet easily removable. I added tabs on the plate and tray for a padlock too - so you can leave it secured.

IMG_7970.jpgIMG_7956.jpgIMG_7961.jpgIMG_7929.jpg
End result: (after Plastic Dipping the gen in black)
IMG_7968.jpgIMG_7973.jpg

Bhpdbrad

I wanted to add a mount to the front bumper area for my generator.

I use it (generator) to power my sound system for parades and also intend to use it for camping. Previously, I just carried it in the bed but the noise and exhaust would interfere with my riders in the back...

Here's the last weekend project/build/mod:
This: (Note the masking tape outline on floor)
View attachment 688281
Mounted here:
View attachment 688282

The end result was to mount a skidplate tray that has pull-pin catch that will sit on another tray that is welded to 1 X 4 tube - that is bolted to the bottom of the front bumper and side of the extended frame bottom.

This makes the generator sit securely inside the tray and yet easily removable. I added tabs on the plate and tray for a padlock too - so you can leave it secured.

View attachment 688283View attachment 688284View attachment 688285View attachment 688287
End result: (after Plastic Dipping the gen in black)
View attachment 688286View attachment 688290
An additional benefit to this design is that when you remove the generator you can store other things, (e.g. tools, chains, supplies) in a box that I'll make to fit in the lower tray. Win/win.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks