• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator only puts out 24.5 volts

Dieselking22

Well i went and had mine tested finally and they said it was the voltage regulator, So i need a good used one if anyone has one!
I cant find one online anywhere!
The mods wont let me post in the items wanted yet cause i guess im still a noob :sad:

The generator is a Leece-Neville
A0013002AE
28 Volt 60 Amp

rrrr

TNJ murray, White owl, memphis equipment, saturn surplus, and boyce equipment are parts suppliers. One of these should have one. You can also go with an alternator upgrade from Wolverine technologies.

I put in a stock unit that I got from TNJ.

Dieselking22

TNJ murray, White owl, memphis equipment, saturn surplus, and boyce equipment are parts suppliers. One of these should have one. You can also go with an alternator upgrade from Wolverine technologies.

I put in a stock unit that I got from TNJ.
If you dont mind me asking how much was your unit that you got from TNJ'S? did you quote the other parts suppliers while you were looking?

Corey

rrrr

I think it was about $450 shipped. Not cheap for sure. TNJ was the only one that had them on the shelf at the time. I decided to keep the truck stock instead of going with the alternator from wolverine. The alternator setup is or was about 1/2 as much. I would probably go with an alternator now if I had to do it again. The generator/regulator is very heavy and a real pain in the a$$ to change by yourself.

Dieselking22

I think it was about $450 shipped. Not cheap for sure. TNJ was the only one that had them on the shelf at the time. I decided to keep the truck stock instead of going with the alternator from wolverine. The alternator setup is or was about 1/2 as much. I would probably go with an alternator now if I had to do it again. The generator/regulator is very heavy and a real pain in the a$$ to change by yourself.
I have been calling everybody to see if they have a voltage regulator, no luck.. on the other hand I have decide to go with the wolverine tech. Upgrade kit! I hope it works out for me!

Dieselking22

Update: The wolverine guys didn't ever message me. So i went with TM America 's bracket and got a 27Si 24Volt 80 Amp alternator on line. Now im having problems with over boosting aua when its idling the voltage is 27.5 where i want it. Then when i free rev it to 2000 RPM the voltage goes up to 33 and sometimes 35Volts :shock:

But other times i can crank it and run the engine and rev the engine to 2000 and the Gauge will stay the same and voltage will be staying at 27 Volts.

does anyone know whats happening here?

rrrr

Check all your connections and make sure they are clean and secure, especially your batteries. What condition are your batteries in? If they are old and in poor condition they might have an internal short that could be causing problems.

The internal regulator on the alternator you have could also have issues. You might want to find a repair place and have it bench tested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks