• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator prices

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do realize that you are getting much more machine for the money compared to civilian models.
Yes. And no.

They are heavy built and wired, lots of gizmos a civie has no use for, are extra complicated for no beneficial civillian reason. And the best part is that it is a real pain to get 120/240 out of them with a neutral.

One thing I have noticed here is that there is a lot of knowledge about these generators, but not much detailed information is shared. Just a hint here or there. This is just human nature.

Most of the guys who really know these generators are buying them, fixing what is broke, and reselling them for a profit. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But don't expect that you are going to bid against them, run their prices up, and then have a problem with it, and get any hand holding. Not going to happen.

Really? Buy a new Kubota powered 7.5k and be done with it. You'll be money ahead in the long run.

36racin

It's not just the gen sets up north that went high priced. The ones down south didn't go cheap here either. Me and a friend went to check out 4 gen/trailer sets at a local auction yard. Not a GL listing. We had hoped the they would fly under the radar. Boy were we fooled. These gensets were 2006 and 2007 resets and appear to never to have been used after the resets. They were sold in pairs with on pair getting $3360 and the other getting $4224.

Todd

Isaac-1

Well it looks like the insanity is continuing, I just watch 2 skid mounted MEP-002a's sell on GL nearby at Ft Polk, they did not appear to be anything special about 600 hour showing, typical looking, one showed a 6 year old reset plate which sold for $1,850 before fees, to add to the insanity, the other very similar looking one was at $2,800 when the first auction closed 45 minutes after scheduled time, and went on up to $4,100 when it closed at over an hour past scheduled closing. That is over 10 times the price I paid for my MEP-002a last year, of course mine was showing 2,200 hours on the meter, I could maybe understand high prices for fresh rebuilds, but these showed 550-600 hours and rebuild date that showed on the cheaper one was 6 years ago. It is also 4 times what I paid for my 800 hour showing MEP-003a two months ago.

Ike

see for yourself if you look soon enough

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6678993&convertTo=USD

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6679188&convertTo=USD

3dAngus

I bought a MEP-002 today on a trailer for $1100 with fees. I haven't picked it up yet, but am selling it for the same. I just want the trailer cover.

The prices remain all over the place today, noting that this is an older thread renewed. If you really want to pay GOLD for a MEP-002, go to ebay. But then, in all fairness, they took the risk, they did the work, and they are entitled to a profit for their effort. If you are willing to take the risk and do the work, GL is the way to go, but you can still pay top retail plus 20% there too if you are not careful.

Isaac-1

Ebay prices don't look all that bad compared to these two today, in fact I saw a MEP-002a sell on ebay not too far from here over the weekend for about $800, and they seem to have buy it now range from about $1,300-$2,600, plus freight, etc. That is a bargain compared to $4,100 + fees

Ike

Last edited:

3dAngus

Ebay prices don't look all that bad compared to these two today, in fact I saw a MEP-002a sell on ebay not too far from here over the weekend for about $800, and they seem to have buy it now range from about $1,300-$2,600, plus freight, etc. That is a bargain compared to $4,100 + fees

Ike
True, anything is better then $4100 plus fees. I cannot relate to that. Ebay has them for average of $2K. I usually discount the very highest and very lowest offerings to average out. $2K is still high, IHMO, but then, you never really know what you are getting. It might be a bargain. Especially if post tornado/hurricane.

Jimc

about 6 mos ago i was watching an 003. some poor fool must have been drunk or done a typo somehow because he bid $175,000 for it lol. i wonder what gl does in that situation.

ETN550

Well it looks like the insanity is continuing, I just watch 2 skid mounted MEP-002a's sell on GL nearby at Ft Polk, they did not appear to be anything special about 600 hour showing, typical looking, one showed a 6 year old reset plate which sold for $1,850 before fees, to add to the insanity, the other very similar looking one was at $2,800 when the first auction closed 45 minutes after scheduled time, and went on up to $4,100 when it closed at over an hour past scheduled closing. That is over 10 times the price I paid for my MEP-002a last year, of course mine was showing 2,200 hours on the meter, I could maybe understand high prices for fresh rebuilds, but these showed 550-600 hours and rebuild date that showed on the cheaper one was 6 years ago. It is also 4 times what I paid for my 800 hour showing MEP-003a two months ago.

Ike

see for yourself if you look soon enough

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6678993&convertTo=USD

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6679188&convertTo=USD
That's pretty crazy! No matter what angle you look at it. Could buy several at different locations and have them shipped. Bidders not willing to let it go. I go to a lot of auctions and often see units re-listed. My 802A was a relist and I got it for much less. I bet GL pulls your bidding privelege if people don't pay. I wonder if the person who bid the $4,100 will follow through.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing is, there has to be at least two people bidding to get it up that high. I must have missed the "free liquor" coupons in the paper last week.

Isaac-1

Trailboss I suspect more than 2 in the one I saw that went so high, it seemed sometimes randomly the counter bid would be placed within the first couple of minutes of the 15 minute rule counter, and other times they would almost let the timer run out.

1800 Diesel

That's pretty crazy! No matter what angle you look at it. Could buy several at different locations and have them shipped. Bidders not willing to let it go. I go to a lot of auctions and often see units re-listed. My 802A was a relist and I got it for much less. I bet GL pulls your bidding privelege if people don't pay. I wonder if the person who bid the $4,100 will follow through.
The sad part about that price is that at least one other (sucker or shill???) was right there leapfrogging with this bidder to get it to the "stupid money" level....

Edit--didn't see Trailboss' post...oh well, we were thinking the same.... :)

Last edited:

glassk

Not sure which 002 you all are talking about, I thought that 007B at WRAFB $5K was high, must be the squeak in me ,...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks