• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator problems

deuceinaround

Hey guys, been awhile since Iv'e been on here,good to be back.

A couple of months ago my generator on my m35a2 stopped charging,well I finaly got some other projects out of the way and am ready to get back to the deuce.

Does anybody have any ideas on what's the best rout to go is as far as fixing or just replacing the gen??? I realy just need to get the truck back going for as cheap as possible for the moment. I took the gen to a local shop here in town and they said it would cost $500 for the parts to fix mine :shock: so thats not an option for me at the moment. So I realy don't have a clue where to go from here, so any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's very likely the regulator portion of the alternator, but it must be removed from the truck for access to replace. Cost of regulator may range from $50 to 125 or so.

If you have the two component 25 amp generator/regulator system, the regulator will be mounted on the firewall and can be replaced more easily. Cost about the same as above.

3rdmdqm

When mine went out I replaced it with a single wire alternator purchased from Avengeusa (Wolverine Technologies). It has worked great ever since, no issues. I'm playing with my old one now to see if I can fix it as a spare.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will it fit in a USPS unlimited weight box? I have my old one here since I just installed TM Americas dual alt kit. One wire alt is the way to go, but if you're tight on bucks, I have this one.

tm america

i have make the brackets needed to switch to a delco 27 si one wire alt ..i even droped the price..i have them listed in the classifieds..my kit is the only way to go if you are on a budget and want to get a new alt with a warranty..the great thing about my kits is they can be used separately or together unlike the other kits out there that force you to buy both alts and brackets from them at the same time .My brackets allow you to use the stock belts ...My brackets are 50 bucks and the alt can be purchased for around 115 bucks..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks