• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator purchase assistance needed SouthEast 10kW

Josephml21

803s are a whole lot of machine... thats always what I try to drive home. They are perfect fit for some folks... overkill for others (especially if you consider overnight runs). You could always soak up some of the excess wattage by running a couple milk house heaters https://www.walmart.com/ip/Utility-Milkhouse-Style-Electric-Space-Heater-DQ1702/642591645

They come in different wattages and can allow for extra loading when required. Do you find that you would ever need all the power an 803 puts out under ANY scenario?
Don't get me wrong I definitely use my 803. At my max usage in the house I'm hitting 80 percent load on the 803. Last month I used 2000kWh. Three boys, a lot of gaming and hot water usage really drives up the consumption.

My issue is I currently have a electric water heater that I want to eventually replace with a gas unit. My WH is always running and driving up my electric bill whereas gas is so much cheaper.

Knowing this, I am planning on being able to downsize to a 802 which just means I'll be able to make fuel in the aux tank go further.

To answer your question currently yes. Once the WH gets replaced, sadly no. I love my 803, never had an issue with it but I know I'll just ruin the unit and waste fuel trying to run it at 30 to 50 percent.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Air cooled units represent good value too. A bit of a different beast compared to the TQGs, but still fine units if you know the quirks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks