• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator trailer tongue jack

tbearatkin

If we had that style we would not need to buy aftermarket jacks. Our trailers are older M101 and only have a drop down landing gear and my generator one only has a drop down as we
ll.Front & Side- A2.jpgid_m116_trailer_01_700.jpg

Chainbreaker

Since he said if was "off" a M101A3 I took that to mean he had retrofitted it on another trailer. From the picture of one on The Big Auction site (for a mere $250) it appears the mount is the same.

rustystud

Hate to se anyone get hurt is all.
I didn't mean to "bust your chops" over your comment. It was more a "tongue in cheek" thing. I guess I should have used an "Emogee" icon with the winking face. Your right though about the safety issue. The Hi-Lift jacks can be deadly especially when bringing down the load. Hold on to that handle !

Artisan

It's all good, always has been, but..........there are those whom
read these posts and absorb every inch of it from those whom are
the elders, the entrusted, the esteemed members, such as yourself.
Like it or not....
Safety first. Yes?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both the Hi-Lift and the conventional bumper jack come with Darwin's Seal of Approval.

quickfarms

Since he said if was "off" a M101A3 I took that to mean he had retrofitted it on another trailer. From the picture of one on The Big Auction site (for a mere $250) it appears the mount is the same.
The jacks fit all of the M101 trailers without modification, it just takes one bolt to swap it out.

They also fit the M100 trailers.

They can be made to fit the M416 trailers with a little modification.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was speaking to a younger fellow the other day that didn't even know what a bumper jack was. I guess they went away when the bumpers went to plastic.

rustystud

I was speaking to a younger fellow the other day that didn't even know what a bumper jack was. I guess they went away when the bumpers went to plastic.
Our new Subaru came with this little jack that pushes on the "pinch weld" on the bottom of the body on the sides. The location of the jack points is underneath the front doors and the back doors.

tbearatkin

The jacks fit all of the M101 trailers without modification, it just takes one bolt to swap it out.

They also fit the M100 trailers.

They can be made to fit the M416 trailers with a little modification.
If you could provide a source for them we would appreciate it. I would convert mine over if they are available and reasonably priced

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you could provide a source for them we would appreciate it. I would convert mine over if they are available and reasonably priced
I've not found a single dependable source. They show up here in the classifieds from time to time and on ebay. EBay prices vary wildly, sometimes $250 and others $25.

MatthewH

Here's what I did for a jack. Its a Bulldog brand from TSC. Has the pinned foot that you can adjust before cranking it up/down.
I repurposed it from another build I had done. The jacks' welded to some 1/2" plate, which I trimmed and that's all welded to the 2x2-3/8" angle that's welded to the tongue a-frame

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the m101's I buy to flip, I install this harbor freight dual wheel 1500lb $29 -20% coupons or the rarer 25% make it a steal...
http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-dual-wheel-swing-back-boat-trailer-jack-67500.html

It folds up and the dual wheels make it a cinch to roll around. I use the enclosed u bolts with a square 1 inch type unistrut cut maybe 4 inches long to offset so the jack's dual wheels don't rub on the frame when folded. I think "civy" buyers like the convenience of what they are used to and helps me make the sale.

I have the military crank also on mine and it is nice but it does not roll....

Attachments

Last edited:

rustystud

On the m101's I buy to flip, I install this harbor freight dual wheel 1500lb $29 -20% coupons or the rarer 25% make it a steal...
http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-dual-wheel-swing-back-boat-trailer-jack-67500.html

It folds up and the dual wheels make it a cinch to roll around. I use the enclosed u bolts with a square 1 inch type unistrut cut maybe 4 inches long to offset so the jack's dual wheels don't rub on the frame when folded. I think "civy" buyers like the convenience of what they are used to and helps me make the sale.

I have the military crank also on mine and it is nice but it does not roll....
I bought one of those from harbor Freight for my little trailer that I tow behind my car. It has only lasted for a few years and out of those years only used maybe 10 times. I would not recommend this for our trailers.