• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator

Terexts

I noticed my generator pulley wobbling when I changed the engine oil just the other day and finally got to take it off and see what was wrong. Well it looks as if maybe the keyway must have broke and sheared off. Generator charged fine and never had any problem with it not charging. I'm pretty good at doing a inspection, looking for anything out of the ordinary, each time before I take it out and it had to happen all the sudden. I've already ordered a alternator to replace it with. Just wondering if anyone has ever had this happen before? I don't have any use for it anymore, so if anyone might need one for parts just PM me.

Attachments

rlwm211

I would offer that if the key shears, the pulley can cause that kind of damage in just a short while. Could have been that the nut was not tight enough and allowed just a tiny bit of movement but that is all it would take.
Glad you got it before it came apart and took out the radiator.
RL

Terexts

Yes, it could have caused some damage if I hadn't noticed it. I'd hate to have to put a radiator in the truck. I had replaced my coolant hoses a few weeks ago and changed my fuel filters while I was at. Had the generator off then and didn't notice anything wrong then. Nut was tight, but it could have very well have backed off some and cause the damage to it. Just one of them things I suppose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks