• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generators 400 htz

Walt4653

:smile:Started a thread yesterday about 400 hrtz gensets, and today my thoughts got even more pronounced. People bidding on some very nice 400 hrtz sets still going on at 5:50 pm, having a war on them. Last I seen is $4900.00 - $6200.00 and still going. Is there any way of warning people from being taken, or is it a need for low hr. motors. For 5-6 k.
I have talked to several people that bought 10 kw . 400 hrtz and found out they couldn't use them. Selling for parts. Any way of warning people .

Hard earned money going down the drain.
walt

ProPower

So true, I once bid a 60k unit to 3500 and it didnt say what it was ! Then when I went to pick up a deuce I bought the gen was still there and it was a 400hz , boy that would have been one really expensive motor!

212sparky

That of the Joy of new people hiding on surplus they don't understand. It proves that unless people have big restive loads, they don't do research.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any way of warning people .
Yes, with an educational thread detailing the differences.

Do not post a thread before or during an auction and reference it though, that could be interpreted as collusion. It is also against this sites rules.

I understand your point, but any discussion during an auction could have an effect on the auction's outcome. We can't allow that via this site.

Isaac-1

Maybe there is some special use demand for them out there that we don't know about (I once read they were popular for lighting use in mines, but I can't see that being a big enough market to drive up prices), for most people they are paperweights, or parts units at best. I know we have rules about talking specifics on current auctions, but I will speculate that if these are listed in the north east US, then it may be post Sandy syndrome with people buying without researching.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
12/21/12

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why wasn't this discussion carried on as an extension of the other thread? Why do we need another thread telling us that people are nuts and 400Hz generators are basically useless?

Isaac-1

Speddmon, I think the thread from yesterday took a quick turn off topic into lots of people making jokes, and other strange comments.

Ike

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why wasn't this discussion carried on as an extension of the other thread? Why do we need another thread telling us that people are nuts and 400Hz generators are basically useless?
Same reason as the 467 Deuce insurance threads.

Did you guys just answer a question, with a question?

Walt4653

Just trying to save people money, didn't know about auction time. I have had 5 people up to now trying to sell what I would call parts machines , brand new 2-10 hrs but the wrong cycle. They. Paid 3800, and down to learn they have only parts machines. Last time on this subject.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks