• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generators at GL ?

Guyfang

Staff member
That's only 8 cars ! I had over 20 and my best friend who lives next door has over 50 ! I still have 8 trucks I need to get rid of and 5 dozers. I only have 8 generators now. Five work and the others are parts units.
You got to understand. Here, they would put me in jail, for what you guys are doing. I would not see the light of day for a WHILE.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi DA - uhhh I don't know what to say, I took a total guess on the talon. I'm a former dsm'er. Are you spoofing me, or do you actually have one?
Not spoofing you. Its not a TSI but a 420a car. We run it in the 24 Hours of Lemons. It has 3000GT brakes and a seriously modified suspension. An absolute hoot on a road course.

csheath

Thanks so what's a more realistic budget for the Mep803 ? Oh what is the A after the 803?
A realistic budget for a 803 that you won't have to work on too much is $3,500 a $4,000.
Not necessarily. Although I see way too many units going above what I would pay I got mine for $975 before fees shortly after starting the search. Had a running unit nearby I was considering for $1800 before I won the bid on the unit I bought. It took a little learning and some time and effort to have mine up and running but I'm all in for around two grand and that includes building a custom load bank.

Guyfang

Staff member
Is that the Missus or the township/authority
Germans live in another world. Not always bad. But having cars parked in the front yard, or Dozers, would lead to a man in a blue uniform coming to visit you. If the weeds get too long in front of the house, you only get one warning. Then comes the fine. You are not suposed to wash your car in front of the house. Oil could seep into the ground. You cant work around the house on sundays. It goes on and on.

Pntyrmvr

Germans live in another world. Not always bad. But having cars parked in the front yard, or Dozers, would lead to a man in a blue uniform coming to visit you. If the weeds get too long in front of the house, you only get one warning. Then comes the fine. You are not suposed to wash your car in front of the house. Oil could seep into the ground. You cant work around the house on sundays. It goes on and on.
The Germanic control freak mentality is never far from the surface.

Wooden shoes, wooden head, wouldn't listen.

Same old. Same old. Sausage eaters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eatont9999

A realistic budget for a 803 that you won't have to work on too much is $3,500 a $4,000.

I have an 803A on craigslist that is ready to go for $3000 and I still have not sold it yet. The only issue with it is the battery charge gauge does not show a reading. It is charging from the alt, though. I had one person call on it a month ago but never they never called back.

Jboulay

I have an 803A on craigslist that is ready to go for $3000 and I still have not sold it yet. The only issue with it is the battery charge gauge does not show a reading. It is charging from the alt, though. I had one person call on it a month ago but never they never called back.
Can you send me Craigslist link? Where is it located?

jamawieb

I've got 4 for sale right now on craigslist for $2900-$3200. The key to selling them, is you really have to wait till there is a need (i.e. winter storm, tornado's, storms, etc). I usually sale a bunch right before winter, October-November. I'll get a few during the summer so I can be ready for winter.

eatont9999

I've got 4 for sale right now on craigslist for $2900-$3200. The key to selling them, is you really have to wait till there is a need (i.e. winter storm, tornado's, storms, etc). I usually sale a bunch right before winter, October-November. I'll get a few during the summer so I can be ready for winter.
Right. I figured it would be a situation like that. People like to wait until there is a problem before they do anything about it. In that case, I could probably get even more $ if there was a storm, etc. I was hoping to sell this one soon so I can buy another batch of generators to sell when the ice storms hit us. I might even grab a few 3KW sets for those people not wanting or needing something as big as an 803. A lot of people in this area have electric heat, so they may need the 802/803 and not even realize it.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right. I figured it would be a situation like that. People like to wait until there is a problem before they do anything about it. In that case, I could probably get even more $ if there was a storm, etc. I was hoping to sell this one soon so I can buy another batch of generators to sell when the ice storms hit us. I might even grab a few 3KW sets for those people not wanting or needing something as big as an 803. A lot of people in this area have electric heat, so they may need the 802/803 and not even realize it.
The vast majority of homeowners have zero​ understanding of how much electricity they actually use in the course of their daily life.

jamawieb

Also make sure your ad is specific but not overly expressive. Most people glance over the ads so you have to hit the high points of the generators but don't just list specifications because people don't understand specs. They just want to know what it will run and if it will run their house. LOL!

Chainbreaker

The vast majority of homeowners have zero​ understanding of how much electricity they actually use in the course of their daily life.
The follow on to that is that most people don't understand how truly dependent they are to having electricity until after a 2 - 3 day outage hits them. When food starts spoiling in refrigerator and freezer, they run out of reserve water to flush the toilet and their flashlights starts to dim is when they get a notion that they should have prepared better for such an event and bought a generator before the power outage! When we had a week long utility pole snapping ice storm power outage many of our neighbors without generators after about the 2nd day bailed out of house and went to hotels that still had power. Their hotel bill could have made a dandy payment on a whole house generator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks