• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Genny recovery

powerhouseduece

They are very easy to get up and running! Just add some fuel, check the oil, prime the fuel system and let-er-eat! You can jump them with a slave cable off the truck but remember to turn the switch on, let prime, then crank it. When it fires off hold the switch in the crank pisition untill it smooths out. It took us a good read of the TM to figure that part out. If there are any problems feel free to PM me. :-D

Nonotagain

That MEP-003a would have been removed from a laundry unit and possibly rebuilt. Look for a tag on the control box for rebuild date.

The location of the oil pressure gauge mounted to the front of the control panel is a dead give away. The standard location is on the right side near the front of the engine.

Nice score!

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you are getting it started, after if starts to and you are holding the start switch for it to smooth out....DO NOT hold it for longer than 15 seconds.

If you hold the switch for longer than 15 seconds you are taking a great chance of burning out your voltage regulator. Really, the only reason you have to hold the start switch on is to wait for the oil pressure to come up above the setting of the oil pressure cut-out switch.

Good luck with it and keep us posted!!!

Carl_in_NH

Very nice. I, too, won an MEP-003A in the last round of auctions at Fort Drum. My EUC has cleared, and I'm waiting for another Steel Soldiers user to have his EUC clear - then we're splitting a load out of Drum.

I can hardly wait. Now I'll have a back-up to my back-up generator. Come to think of it, I'll have three generators. That's likely enough. For this week. Maybe.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats Carl, I knew you would get one sooner or later.

Make sure you post up when you get it. :-D

steelandcanvas

That MEP-003a would have been removed from a laundry unit and possibly rebuilt. Look for a tag on the control box for rebuild date.

The location of the oil pressure gauge mounted to the front of the control panel is a dead give away. The standard location is on the right side near the front of the engine.

Nice score!
Was this done because the oil pressure gauge can't be read when the 003A is installed on the laundry unit? Just curious.

Nonotagain

Was this done because the oil pressure gauge can't be read when the 003A is installed on the laundry unit? Just curious.
That would be correct.

The way that the generator is located on the laundry unit precludes you from viewing the oil pressure gauge. There are three large sound panels located 4 inches of so from the generator side and no access from the top also because of 3 more of the sound panels.

Locating the oil pressure gauge to the control panel makes a lot of sense not just for the laundry unit generators.

I'm thinking about extending the oil dip stick so that everything that needs to be checked daily is located in one place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks