• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

genset loadbanks

Waukesha

I was able to source a Swift E Ultra 20KW load bank used through that online auction site for $500 shipped. Works great. As others have said, there's more cost effective ways to accomplish this task. I have an all gas house, and no space to store an electric stove, and live in an HOA neighborhood. I can't run a 55gal drum full of water, etc. Good luck!

shanekarl

I was able to source a Swift E Ultra 20KW load bank used through that online auction site for $500 shipped. Works great. As others have said, there's more cost effective ways to accomplish this task. I have an all gas house, and no space to store an electric stove, and live in an HOA neighborhood. I can't run a 55gal drum full of water, etc. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback! I have decided to wait for a 30kw or larger load bank. Hopefully ill run across one for a fair price in the next few months or so.

mrbearski

Purchased a MEP-003a a few weeks and am in the process of getting it going. Also working on building a load bank to be able to fully test it once running. From what I have acquired, I believe that I will be able to test all the way up to 17.4 kw in 500 watt increments all for an investment of about $250, plus whatever my son costs me to fabricate a case for it. Once done, I'll attempt to attach some pics.

Waukesha

The Swift E is a VERY good load Bank. Smaller, easy to transport. But the A427A is built like a beast. Its not something you can walk away with!.
As it goes, mine was actually damaged in shipping. I picked up the box (yes they shipped it in a cardboard box...) and noticed something was loose inside, and dents on the sides. I sent pictures to the seller and they promptly refunded my money and told me to keep it! I was able to reassemble the contactors and it works great. It's definitely NOT built like a tank. But it works :)