• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gentlemen I need your assistance

Fastfunco

Stupid question but im leaving on a 400 mile trip in my M925 A2 tomorrow morning--
Upon general maintenance - I found both rear diff are low on oil. about 1 inch below the fill plug-- and there are no leaks present.
I have only 927 miles on this one and the military did a 98k frame off rebuild on it in 2010- I think the frame was the only original part used in rebuild-- front and read diffs were replaced at time of rebuild-- as they are listed as replaced on the work order -

Oil in both rear diffs is brown-- needs to be replaced--

What is the best replacement oil to use ??

I have looked at the TSBs for over an hour and just can not get an answer I am happy with - and it is getting late- can you guys please help me out?

MtnSnow

Regular GL5 80/90weight gear oil is what is called for. you can pick it up in 5 gallon pales at just about any auto parts store.

5tonman1971

one more thing- any reasoning behind the rears being an inch low and the front is topped off???
It might have evaporated over the years or was leaking at some point and never refilled. Or was never filled correctly to begin with if both rear diffs are the same level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks