• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gentrysgarage's MIA status has changed...mini update.

gentrysgarage

HiYa Guyz, been awhile, SORRY,

I happened to check the email associated with steel soldiers (it has 3,896 unread emails...mostly cold calls) and noticed that Paul, Dave and Ben had reached out to me....been alittle tied up, to say the least.

I have suffered a few minor setbacks, maybe just a few small challenges or more likely a string of BAD Luck, so I'll bring you up to speed. It seemed the shipping company just wanted my deposit for the transporting of the M135 that started at 1,250 when the contract was signed, rose to 1,750 (cause of the holidays) I agreed lets just get it to California...and supposively 2 truckers backed out. then they wanted 2500 I said give me back my deposit...they said did you read the contract? Long story short deposit lost. So I bought a first generation Cummins and the parts to make it M135 tow-worthy. As I was waiting for the parts to come in my wife got sandwiched in the Scion XA I bought 10 years to the day of the accident..freaky coincidence. Other than the passenger rear door not opening and needing a bumper face replaced (no damage to the other cars involved except a nice round hole in the license plate of the rear car that pushed her into the other car I thought it be a quick fix...I should have known better....It seems that like they hit a raw diamond in the right place to shape them, this hit was in the right place and unzipped all the tack welds on the right rear wheelwell, bent the rear seat buckled the floor althe way to the front seats..the air bags didn't even go off! It was totaled. She wanted an older car, better car like a 1967 Mustang or 1967-1969 Camaro...she's got taste I'll give her that! ,What's the saying large eyes..small pocket book? So I searched found a 1973 Gran Torino Sport (with a 72 front clip on it), rebuilt engine, strong transmission, 3.55 Trak Loc...just needs assembly and paint. Yeah you know where this is going I get it home go to check the timing, remove the valve cover and long storuy short It was junk, tranny junk, 2.75 open rear...it became a full on restoration. She has to have a car. I am just at the assembly/paint stage.

I hope the M135 is still there..don't want to call the guy I got it from until things are more concrete. After the shipping company backed out after confirming the pickup he was able to borrow a friend and his front end loade rto help load it. I don't want to call until I have that dang Torino moving under it own power and the driveway space is cleared for the M135. I will either get a new shipper, put the parts on the Dodge and get it myself or...

Despite all this I am still treading water, the G-7123 will get done, my wife is helping out a WWII vet and his wife (glorified maid/caregiver) twice a week. I hope he hangs on till the truck is done so I can fulfill my dream of a vet taking a ride in it!

Thad

PS I updated the email to the one I use now.

Last edited:

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been a while since you were on. Sounds like you had and have a full plate. Good luck on getting the M135. Its good of you and yours helping out the WWll vet and his wife. Wish I was closer to lend you a hand.

hambone

I know how it feels, been helping my son remodel a house, haven't had much time for the truck but I'm about to get back on it, just need to fix exhaust, paint and install bed, then I will be ready to ride.:-D

1944mb

thad, glad to hear your back in the fighting ring. Hopefully things will go a little better for you coming up. So you are driving to the midwest to pickup your truck?

gentrysgarage

thad, glad to hear your back in the fighting ring. Hopefully things will go a little better for you coming up. So you are driving to the midwest to pickup your truck?
I am seriously hoping for it!

I got my hopes up this week when I saw a hauler taking I40 to Dallas and coming back empty, he didn't want to take the left turn at Amarillo :-((I hear Bugs Bunny)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks