• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Georgia Tech Auto Show 3-30-2013

The 10th Annual Georgia Tech Auto Show will be held Saturday, March 30, 2013 on the campus of Georgia Tech. I will have my M35A3 "Rumblin Wreck" in the show. I have never been to this event but have heard great things about it and apparently it attracts over 5,000 people. If anyone is looking for something fun to do around Atlanta on Saturday, March 30, 2013 then please come out, it is free to attend. If you want to put a vehicle in the show (MV or otherwise) it is free to do so.

The event website with all the relevant information is:
http://www.gatechautoshow.com/

Attachments

stampy

The 10th Annual Georgia Tech Auto Show will be held Saturday, March 30, 2013 on the campus of Georgia Tech. I will have my M35A3 "Rumblin Wreck" in the show. I have never been to this event but have heard great things about it and apparently it attracts over 5,000 people. If anyone is looking for something fun to do around Atlanta on Saturday, March 30, 2013 then please come out, it is free to attend. If you want to put a vehicle in the show (MV or otherwise) it is free to do so.

The event website with all the relevant information is:
http://www.gatechautoshow.com/
Wish I could make it! From NC is a long drive in my deuce. Enjoy your "wreck parade" LOL . Biggest thing I miss about Tech is the wreck parade and the fixed body parade. I got out in 94. I will give my buddy in Powder Springs a heads up as he has a SWEEET 65 Mustang he could enter.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If I had time, I'd love to show up with a truck. I've got some UGA flags to decorate it. And serve as a reminder who's better in football.

3dAngus

Wonder what they would do there if I showed up with my University of Alabama Flags on a Bobber.

Who would get kicked out first?

Or, I have that same Model A in Burgandy. Flying the UofA National Champs flags on it would be even better.

stampy

Reminds me of a time we were getting our a$$es handed to us in football by some random team and the chant started "we'll get better jobs" "we'll get better jobs" from the student section LOL. Gotta Love college students.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reminds me of a time we were getting our a$$es handed to us in football by some random team and the chant started "we'll get better jobs" "we'll get better jobs" from the student section LOL. Gotta Love college students.
My sister is a UGA grad. She's a pharmacist. She works part time. Makes more than me working full time and three jobs.

The "I'm smarter because I went to X school" is a crock. It's up to the individual. I mean absolutely no disrespect, but you do honestly believe all those GT players are going to receive advanced degrees?

I know I don't believe the UGA players are...

3dAngus

You have to be smarter to get in, in the first place, as a rule.
You can be just as smart to get in either, but the averages are far higher to get in at G.T. on the whole.
Fantastic school, and that is undeniable.
Smart in, = smarter out.

Dumb in, = ??? out

Intelligence is a gift. It's not granted on a piece of paper. The paper will document the formal education.
Some people with the gift are advanced intellectually speaking, well over and above the 4 year sheepskin.
The advanced degree is what can make a difference in even the average of intelligence persons.
Today, a Masters is almost a prerequisite to getting ahead or in management in business, whether it be in engineering or business.
Times have changed.
But one thing remains the same....
You don't have to have a degree at all to get in the auto show.:grin:

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!

and

Go DAWGS! (on over to the G.T. auto show)
Thanks for the invite.

3dAngus

By the way, Marissa Mayer, the new CEO of Yahoo, has some very stringent hiring practices at Yahoo in it's reorganization concept today. She is only wanting to hire from very prestigious universities. I believe there is a good reason for that, but she comes under a great deal of criticism for it. It's true they will get better jobs. And, they will likely advance in that job further and faster.

Now to see if she lasts long enough for the plan to materialize. It will take years. Stock holders are not patient with their investments.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Too bad I'm just a backwoods hick with only a High School diploma from a school in a town that used to be called Possum Snout.

Yes, that's all completely true.

However, I will say that I work with individuals that have several of these pieces of paper Dell speaks of. I've been less than impressed by most of them.

3dAngus

You have the gift.

And yes, after working with hundreds of engineers, I can say without a doubt some of them are the most worthless people ever:cookoo: , while a few others have the same gift as you.:mrgreen:

Wow, this thread has completely left the tracks (I say that laughing as I read all these comments). Patracy, I feel your pain. I have worked with college grads who could barely tie their own shoes; I think most of us probably have.

Now back to the topic at hand: So anybody else coming to the car show?

:patracy::3dAngus::beer:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rambling looking at your pictures you still have not put the rain shield over the back speakers as we discussed late one night at the Rally!!!

:grd:

Rambling looking at your pictures you still have not put the rain shield over the back speakers as we discussed late one night at the Rally!!!

:grd:
Yeah, I didn't have much time to do it during football season and after a few tailgates I decided that would rather invest in bigger speakers that are better quality, with more power behind them. The two 10" speakers don't align very well with the 4 PA's. I really need two 12s or two 15s. When I decide on what to purchase I will go with marine grade but I won't plan on leaving them in the bed of the truck all the time.

3dAngus

Take lots of pics. I'll be out of town, and I love that stuff.

Oh, I think someone mentioned football and schools. That is ALWAYS going to cause a side conversation. ALWAYS.:grin:

Speaking of schools and how they stack up, I came across this interesting story by the Wall Street Journal today. CLICK HERE

Georgia Tech had the highest return on investment of any college in the United States.

Not trying to start any debate, this comment is really just a BUMP so that more folks will see the thread and hopefully make it out to the car show this weekend.

Attachments

3dAngus

Depending on who you read, Georgia Tech is in the top ten colleges in the Nation. We should ALL be proud.

Wreck, PM me your email address. I have a private message to send you.

We talking football or an actual automobile event? I'm lost..:whistle:
It's an exhibition game between the Yellow Jackets and the Atlanta Falcons, followed by a car show. After the car show, NASCAR drivers are running 10 laps around I-285 in what they deem are the fastest cars from the car show (they get to pick what cars they want to race). That's why there is a waiver you have to sign if you enter your car. I'm not worried because who would choose to race in a deuce, especially an A3? That's also why NASCAR is supposedly "off" this weekend. The race is kinda secret because it is cannonball run style on public streets but the local officials put up with it because all of the proceeds go towards the new stadium fund for the Falcons. Just kidding. It's just a car show. The first post has the link to all the information.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks