• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Georgia USMC Wreckers

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You guys do know some of those were residue trucks right?
They rebuilt trucks at that location and those were prob left over after they quit the 900 series rebuild program.
This was similar to all the trucks being sold out of Camp Shelby. They rebuilt them there also.
There were some diamonds among the coal but a lot of those trucks have been cannibalized or had serious issues. I looked at several of them and I would not have bid on any of them unless I had previewed them in person.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade and I could be wrong about specific trucks but a lot of those trucks were toast.

ProPower

Only one truck in this sale was residue and it sold for 3200 which is still less than scrap value! Worse case scenario I'll build one truck out of the two!

bchauvette

You guys do know some of those were residue trucks right?
They rebuilt trucks at that location and those were prob left over after they quit the 900 series rebuild program.
This was similar to all the trucks being sold out of Camp Shelby. They rebuilt them there also.
There were some diamonds among the coal but a lot of those trucks have been cannibalized or had serious issues. I looked at several of them and I would not have bid on any of them unless I had previewed them in person.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade and I could be wrong about specific trucks but a lot of those trucks were toast.
Where you able to preview them? Some of youse guys (NJ speak) always seem to have the inside track. wondering how.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I still want to know who got the tractor there with the armored windshield. It had the burnt looking rust stuff on it too. Which at the time I though was burnt.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In all honesty, you'd have to have bought several of the trucks to make a working truck. Those trucks, as mentioned had been cannibalized extensively. None of them came in under their own power.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cool thing is that I saw locker data plates, but, I agree, they are going to need work and I hope the motors are free. Who knows how long they have been sitting?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The cool thing is that I saw locker data plates, but, I agree, they are going to need work and I hope the motors are free. Who knows how long they have been sitting?
A very long time. NHC-250's do not like to sit for long periods of time.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just for a note of interest, my 819 sat for TWO years (motor (NHC-250) never turned over) when I tried to make it fly, after putting it back together and bleeding the fuel, she FIRED right up and after a few minutes smoothed out.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just for a note of interest, my 819 sat for TWO years (motor (NHC-250) never turned over) when I tried to make it fly, after putting it back together and bleeding the fuel, she FIRED right up and after a few minutes smoothed out.
I can show you row upon row of 250's that weren't so lucky only 10 miles from my house.