• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Get a Grip!

85-m1028

I had this problem with my foot slipping on the bottom of the door seal trying to climb into the cab of my truck "usualy when my shoes are wet" so I found this nifty roll of gripp tape at pep boys for 6.99. I put it in the door sill and on the door where I grab it to shut it because I get dirty finger smuge marks on the door! I will get another roll and put some on the tailgate and bumper. Kind of adds to the utility look!! :D

Attachments

neat...

excellent...i don't need this yet...i'm 6'4 and have no trouble climbing in the 1010.
my real curiosity,however,is (are?),your wheels.i,m having real trouble finding good quality steel wheels in a modern size.
1-who makes yours?
2-are they available in a 17 x 8" ?
3-most important...whats the load capacity of the ones your running?

Everything i come up with that is more traditionally styled is underrated for a 1-ton truck...everything else is forged aluminum with more fins , holes,and barbs than a body piercing convention....ick.

i like the traditional look youv'e chosen...really fits the overall style.
off the shelf steel wheels are getting hard to find!

CCATLETT1984

speaking about rims, just get a set of the wagon wheels from Summit, they come in 16" (I'm not sure about the other sizes) and have a hefty weight rating (at least 3000, but I think it was around 3200)

85-m1028

neat...

Ambulancechser said:
excellent...i don't need this yet...i'm 6'4 and have no trouble climbing in the 1010.
my real curiosity,however,is (are?),your wheels.i,m having real trouble finding good quality steel wheels in a modern size.
1-who makes yours?
2-are they available in a 17 x 8" ?
3-most important...whats the load capacity of the ones your running?

Everything i come up with that is more traditionally styled is underrated for a 1-ton truck...everything else is forged aluminum with more fins , holes,and barbs than a body piercing convention....ick.

i like the traditional look youv'e chosen...really fits the overall style.
off the shelf steel wheels are getting hard to find!
the rims are pro comp 17" x 9" they run very little backspacing allowing me run 35"x12.5" tires on the stock suspension with only some fender trimming!! not sure of the load rating on the rims , the tires are only have a D load rating. but I think they really need to be beadlocks,"two piece hmmwv style preferably" recentered with pvc internal locking ring and some 37" goodyear military tires!!! :) maybe I can get some better fuel milage!!!! right now I get 12-14mpg :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks