• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting a deuce up to Canada

Stan Leschert

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to buy an M-35A2 and export it to Canada. I know that it can be done, As I have seen a couple of them running around up here. I know that they aren't ex-CF trucks, because we did not buy them. I want to know what hoops have to be jumped through, as the M-135 is old, and our MLVWs may or may not come up for public auction. I'd rather get a good truck off of the US west coast of maybe even central! Thanks in advance for your help!auaauaaua

Stan Leschert

What I have heard has something to do with an "EUC" whatever that is. I keep seeing notices on EPAY Motors that state "This vehicle may only be sold to a US Citizen within the USA". I know that it is possible to get one up to here, and I am going to find out how. the M-135 is 54 years old now and does not need to be beat up on a California trip. I'd rather go down there to adopt it a new BIG baby brother! :grd:

Andy1234

If you buy one from the GSA (or from a seller who has purchased one from the GSA), there are no export restrictions to Canada. You'll still have to pay import duties, and taxes, etc., but at least you can get it across the border without a free stay in Uncle Sam's Gray Bar Hotel.

I would suggest calling a local custom's broker experienced in vehicle importation, and asking some questions.

Andy

Stan Leschert

Thanks, Andy. We will be in touch with our broker soon. Then I'll be much broker. In addition to a shrinking bank account, I'm gonna need a way bigger driveway. Just might have to put 1 or 2 on my farm up-country!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks