• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting a M1008 to add to our vehicle collection

asteeleks

My son and I bought a pair of M35A2's and loved them but needed smaller "toys". He bought a M1009 and I love it but like my pickup bed. I'm going to look at and pick up (hopefully) a M1008 to add to our line up. Once you get into these vehicle they are addictive and getting expensive. But the M1008 is the best of two worlds for me. I love the old Square Body Chevy's and the military trucks. Has anyone started a support group for those of us that have come down with this addiction?

asteeleks

Yeah keep buying more of them. Zen is only achieved after collecting the whole set. Every man should have a minimum of two Dana 60 axles.
My wife and Daughter-In-law are getting upset. two Deuce and a half's a 1009 and now adding a 1008 plus my old '84 Square Body plus my son's S10 roller. I will post pictures when I get the 1008 home with all 5 lined up

Skinny

With the price of square body truck these days, it's a sure fire investment if you are buying them right.

I'll also mention it's cheaper then therapy or a mid life crisis Corvette.

I'm lucky my other half supports my addictions. She loves driving stinky.

My limitation not owning the home I live in is space. Probably works out well because I'd be in your position. A pair of Deuces make fine lawn ornaments.

asteeleks

With the price of square body truck these days, it's a sure fire investment if you are buying them right.

My limitation not owning the home I live in is space. Probably works out well because I'd be in your position. A pair of Deuces make fine lawn ornaments.
My better half doesn't like my '84 square body. "It's handles like a brick, rides rough and hard to drive" she likes her Ram. I'm not a fan of any of the new trucks. But both Dodge (Ram) with the 5.7 and Chevy with the LS have good motors. And with 3 acres with a creek and tree line splitting it in half, I can hide them from view.

LT67

Umm.... yeah, the price of square body trucks ain't going down any time soon...

Skinny

What do you have for suspension/steering? My Burb is a bit floaty both it and the M1031 ride just as good as a modern 1/2 ton truck. They both steer precisely as well.

I will say the wind noise is way higher, the 6.2 is deafening on long trips, and driver workload is way higher then a new truck. But it can't be that bad right?

Yeah I think we have hit the peak where old stuff is fetching the same if not more then what they cost brand new. Thanks inflation...