• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting confused on new Behr Marquee paint, 3 color camo.

Farnorth

Please help. I'm going down to get behr marquee for my 91 m923a2. If I give them the federal standard codes, I understand they should have no problem matching. When I was there last, 2 days ago, I gave them the green 34094 federal standard code, they told me different #'s than I have seen on other posts. The guy told me there was blue in it too. Do I have the wrong clerk, or can someone tell me what the lids should say on them, for the green/black/brown scheme in the new behr marquee line?

MtnSnow

Here is a picture of the lid of what I was given when I had my local store mix me up some 383 green and it was a perfect match.
IMG_20140612_094515636.jpg

The other is one I found on here and the mix numbers are different but I have not had them mix any of those for me
Behr paint info.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is from 2 weeks ago
UP Date 4/12/15 Remember a lot of the older posts with Behr #'s on the lids are not true FS they were color matched, so start with a clean slate.
Tell the clerk the list of the FS codes in the HD paint computer is found by going under "Competitor Color look up" and selecting Federal Standard as the manufacturer then have them enter just the five number code.

mikey

I have read some people are experiencing problems with Behr Marquee, although I have yet to confirm this myself and I'm not able to verify that it isn't poor surface prep of failure to cure properly. SOME people assume that the primer in Behr Marquee may be a factor as it is designed for wood and drywall.

I personally have had GREAT success with Rustoleum rusty metal primer and behr premium plus.

I was lucky enough to get an M931 directly from red river with fresh paint. And in typical red river fashion, they painted over rust so a huge chip of paint came off. I color matched that with the new codes and it is spot on:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...and-Sources)&p=1554810&viewfull=1#post1554810

These may not be the best pictures, but even up close you cannot tell that I painted my spare tire boom with Behr:

931.jpg931a.jpg

Mikey

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be combining this thread with the other Behr thread shortly. No need to so many Behr paint threads.

zout

As Warthog has graciously joined threads. I am not bragging bt any means but on Swiss' s truck I painted with afore mentioned paint I did a start to finish thread to help.

Good paint foundation is the key...chitty prep work equals chitty results and lasting surface.

You get what you want to put into it.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the Behr Ultra Premium Plus to paint my M929 in 2013 and can verify that stuff does not stick to it. Dirt etc. washes off easily. I also had a hard time getting my self-stick stencils to adhere long enough to paint. I don't think you will get a decal to stick.

For prep, I pressure washed the truck and if there was rust, I hit it with a wire brush and then primed it with red oxide primer. I did not sand anything, not even the red oxide primer. I have since pressure washed the truck several times and the paint has not come off. I will be painting my M915A1 with it too.

Here's the label:

IMG_20150430_190535_491.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks