• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

getting deuce on trailer

jesuscowboy

I have searched and read lots about hauling.... I'm looking at getting a deuce from Redstone just curious how are you guys getting a deuce that doesn't run on a trailer. I have access to low boy; flat bed tractor trailer; and trailer we haul backhoes around on that has ramps.

Barrman

A bulldozer pushed mine up. Even with the rear tires locked, it took about 5 minutes.

We showed up thinking we were going to have to self load though. The plan was to unhook the trailer for the M35 it was hooked to. Hook it to my M715. Let Sermis and his M35 use his winch to pull the truck up and then get the trailer back behind the M35.

This is one of those cases where a front pintle would be nice to have.

Attachments

54reo

Barrman said:
A bulldozer pushed mine up. Even with the rear tires locked, it took about 5 minutes.

We showed up thinking we were going to have to self load though. The plan was to unhook the trailer for the M35 it was hooked to. Hook it to my M715. Let Sermis and his M35 use his winch to pull the truck up and then get the trailer back behind the M35.

This is one of those cases where a front pintle would be nice to have.

Looks a lot like my '54 Reo gasser...

Attachments

Cooltex24

Hey Reo, Is that truck still for sale? I know if it is still around come feburary when the tax check gets here, I will take it in a heartbeat.
Scott

Barrman

1953 REO. That is the parts truck for my 1952 REO Gasser. I drove the '52 to work today just because I could. It was like being in a totally different type of vehicle compared to the 1970 Whistler I drove 200 miles in on Sunday.

54reo

Cooltex24 said:
Hey Reo, Is that truck still for sale? I know if it is still around come feburary when the tax check gets here, I will take it in a heartbeat.
Scott
Still hanging around...

Cooltex24

Reo,
I just took my national registry test for Intermediate, so hopefully if I passed it I will have a 40% raise next month, and maybe we can work a deal.
Scott