• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

getting hot

DIESELGREEN

A little confused... I know hiw these fuse blocks are with corrosion... My 1008 has a little melting going on at the fuse terminal for all the lights. I adjusted the terminals to have a good bite on the fuse blades and stop the arcing. Fuse still getting really hot, never blowing the fuse and the lights work fine. Any help?

DokWatson

Probably have a short somewhere, time to trace all the headlight wiring. I had a similar issue, turned out to be a bad headlight switch paired with a stripped turn signal wire.

DIESELGREEN

Hmmm. I was wondering about the headlight switch. none of the wires seem to be getting hot going to it. I checked wiring at the steering column, all is well. Checked over the headlight connections, ok. I've been checking the fuse with my finger....seems to get hotter as the load increases. It gets warm (too warm) with the parking lights on, and hotter still with the headlights on. I wanna track it down before my fuseblock is toast.