• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting older mods

shannondeese

Since I’m getting older. Well it’s the miles not so much the age. I can’t push the clutch anymore. I can’t lift my right leg high enough to hit the brakes without trying to slam them.
So here’s my thoughts. Pull the LDT and manual. Install a Cummins P pumped 6BT from a freight liner along with the Allison MD3060 6 speed auto. Swap over the Hydro-Max Brake booster and get disc brakes along with power steering. Switch the alternator to a dual 24/12 volt. And call it good again.
Any thoughts or advice I’d appreciate it. The truck was mine in the Marine Corps so selling it and getting an A3 is out of the question. Besides I’ve already had a few of them too.
Thanks to all.

gentrysgarage

Really similar to my build, aside from the automatic. I don't know if the auto questioned has overdrive, but I would suggest that. I would also suggest the following. If getting a Freightliner motor get it complete as I wanted to run the Bendix 550 twin cylinder compressor, but most yards toss/loose/scrap the dang brackets and I think there is 3 main variants for a single cylinder compressor...so my truck is compressorless at this time. I would also suggest getting a hydromax and pedal complete from a donor truck (even if you need to have the master rebuilt you have pieces that bolt together. I got NOS pedals (in the box) from a Ford with hydromax (probably had some kinda adapter) and they don't bolt up with the master I got...more money too spend!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks