• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting Ready For The Hurricane

cuad4u

The 003A has got me through several ice storms and a couple of hurricanes over the past 6-7 years. It will run my 4200 sq ft house with a little load management. The 002A is connectored to my shop and operates two chest freezers, one refrigerator /freezer, and a 3HP well pump at 250 feet deep in the well. Since the last time I used them, I added aux fuel tanks to each. The 003A has a 100 gallon aux tank. With the 12 gallon built in tank, I expect to be able to operate it around 5 days without refueling. I also added LED flood lights inside the trailer and LED spot lights around the trailer. The 002A has a 18 gallon aux tank. With the built in 6 gallon tank, I expect to be able to operate it around 2 days without refueling. Let the wind blow and let the rain fall. My two MEP generators were ready.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The 003A has got me through several ice storms and a couple of hurricanes over the past 6-7 years. It will run my 4200 sq ft house with a little load management. The 002A is connectored to my shop and operates two chest freezers, one refrigerator /freezer, and a 3HP well pump at 250 feet deep in the well. Since the last time I used them, I added aux fuel tanks to each. The 003A has a 100 gallon aux tank. With the 12 gallon built in tank, I expect to be able to operate it around 5 days without refueling. I also added LED flood lights inside the trailer and LED spot lights around the trailer. The 002A has a 18 gallon aux tank. With the built in 6 gallon tank, I expect to be able to operate it around 2 days without refueling. Let the wind blow and let the rain fall. My two MEP generators were ready.
Nice! Those LED lights affixed to the shed is a good addition if you need to do maintenance.
Guessing you have already done a preliminary test run?

Sure hope you don't need to use them, but at least they are standing at the ready.

DD58

Really awesome setup. That’s what I’m trying to get to someday. Hopefully soon I’ll have 2 mep 803s. My poor little mep831 is what I got running the important things in the house. Set it up in my garage with the exhaust and intake plumed outside. Used it 4 hrs this year hoping I keep it at that through the rest of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk