• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting redirected

number9

For the last several days when I have went to google or bing and searched Steelsoldiers and then clicked the link to the site I have been redirected to FileStore73.com - Your File Hosting If I hit the back button and click the link again I get directed to this site.

Just wanted to report the strange behavior.

coyotegray

Sounds like you have some type of malware. It is redirecting your browser.

Try malwarebytes.org and/or pctools.com "Spyware Doctor"

You may need to download on anouther PC if it's blocking web sites.

This is what I do.. www.askewconsulting.net

If you need some help, let me know.. For a fellow SS, If it's just spyware Ill help you out, no charge... I can do it remote if you have internet access...

Andy..

Last edited:

bassetdeuce

With Dell, malware comes with the machine free of charge and installed too. I put together my own computers now with components/software from newegg. Malwarebytes is good stuff though.

maplehillfrm

hey jason, I started getting that message a few days ago as well, only on this site though,,, if I hot search again it redirects to ss,,, I have been waiting for it to do the same thing to other sites but only this one,

sounds like you are busy,, I havent forgotten about your boxes, I lost connection for a bit, and now snowed in so lots of plowing the last few days.. I will ship them soon, I promise [thumbzup]:-(,pat

lavarok

Same here, happens on random google searches when clicking the 2nd or 3rd result. I thought it was Malware at first, but I am suspecting they are either in league with Google or it is a DNS hijack at the ISP level. I've had wireshark running for the past 24 hours to catch it so I can diagnose further, but of course it hasn't happened since I started the snoop.

WPNS421

Same here, type in SS and get sent to the site, have to close goggle down and retry, usually works. Only happens when I go to the SS site. (Big Brother, the conspiracy thread has started):cookoo::cookoo::jumpin:

shootist

Same happens here on multiple machines. Also on phones. No spyware malware or viruses here either

If I click on the link to SS that comes up on google search I get redirected to some crap site instead if SS. If I hit the SS URL everythign works as expected.

Darwin T

i know this is an old post but it applies. while searching for something on Yahoo i saw the SS site and when i clicked i got sent to the "myfilestore redirect" also.