• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting SF-97 for older purchase.

Sig229

Hello everyone,
I have a question about SF-97 regarding older purchases. I have bought and registered vehicles using the sf-97. The question that I was unable to find a thread on was getting an sf-97 for a vehicle that was purchased several years ago and did not get the paper work. Does GL limit the time allowed to request the form and the vehicle I want to register belonged to my uncle that passed and left me his vehicle. He never reg. it just drove it on his land. I tried to find the answer before posting I didnt want to call GL before getting feed back from the pros.

Whitey

Well "officially" if you are the purchaser you have 1 year to get the SF-97. Some people on here have tried to get the paperwork after that time frame and indicated it has worked. Guess it depends on the mood of the GL employee. Since you are not the original purchaser it might not be possible. Once again, "Officially" only the purchaser can get the paperwork. If somehow they let you do it you'd probably be the first. There are many posts about a guy in Detroit at a cycle shop that has recently been getting titles for title-less trucks. Look it up. Best of luck.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well "officially" if you are the purchaser you have 1 year to get the SF-97. Some people on here have tried to get the paperwork after that time frame and indicated it has worked. Guess it depends on the mood of the GL employee. Since you are not the original purchaser it might not be possible. Once again, "Officially" only the purchaser can get the paperwork. If somehow they let you do it you'd probably be the first. There are many posts about a guy in Detroit at a cycle shop that has recently been getting titles for title-less trucks. Look it up. Best of luck.
It's Dan at Detroit Vintage Cycle , a google search will bring up contact info

Sig229

Cost

Would anyone know what the going rate is for the service? I don't suppose it's pro bono for SS members. That would be too good to be true.:wink:
If anyone knows that would be helpful.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several members here have used Detriot vintage cycle , not positive on fees but I think it's a couple hundred dollars . No money up front ,payment when he has title in hand ready to ship usually 2 or 3 weeks .

Edit ; memphis bell has used dan for a tittle for his 5 ton dump , $100 but he is a michigan resident it may be more for out of state . See post # 201 of the international title service thread . Member melon also used dan ( post #202 and #204 ) of the same thread his fees were $137.96 with it sent overnight delivery .

Last edited:

mutt_kahuna

SF-97/title

I just got my titles back from Dan at Vintage cycle and couldnt be happier...I had him do 2 of my motorcycles.....#1 was one of my USMC KLR's and #2 was my Swiss army condor....they took apx 2 weeks....cost was $100 per signed off michigan title ,also included was a signed bill of sale (you fill in amount/date etc)...I hope to take them to my Nevada dmv this week,I'll give an update when I'm done......ED

mutt_kahuna

getting SF-97

UPDATE:...This is an update on my post about using Dan at Detroit vintage cycle...I took my mich titles into my Nevada dmv...just need an inspection of motorcycle blinkers,lights etc and I'm done! so I'm reposrting a psoitive experience using Dan's service!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks