• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting some winch parts

SSG ALBANESE

Hey guys, I found a deuce to scrap some parts for the winch set up.

It has the bumper (no winch attached) which I will swap with mine. For the record I know they are the same bumper but mine has some tree damage lol and no extensions for the frame.

Then I thought to myself... "PTO" so in a hurry I scuddeled myself under the truck and yippppeee their she was.

This is my question: Looks like I unbolt just 4 bolts from the side of the transfer case, true or false? (it was a quick glance, I really can count)

Once unbolted will it just slide out? What else do I take off to make my truck a W/W deuce?

Their is no winch nor drive line from PTO forward, the knuckle is their but seems the drive line shaft was cut in half.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the studs out too.

6 of them

And all of the lever and linkage. Floor plate too.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pto

SSG,

Be careful! It's a heavy part. 2cents. There are 6 nuts. There is a nut on the top of the PTO; it is a bit tricky to get to.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The PTO will come off that easy but it's not as simple to re-install it (must be shimed).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
make sure to get the bracket that's bolted to the master cylinder. I can see how the unknowledgeable might think it's part of the master.

SSG ALBANESE

Great. Thank you for the useful tips. Its heavy, take all linkage, master cylindar mount, 6 studs.... now for shimming it I will check out the TM's. If anyone wants to share their experience on the best way to shim it I am all ears. Otherwise TM's here I come.