• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting the deuce road worthy....it begins!

Adam D

I got this deuce about 2 months ago. It sat broke down 4 years due to a grandad fueling injector pump. Found a injection pump for 560 bucks, that between from some parts from original one, I was able to barely make one. As well as a number 2 fuel injection line that was broken when I bought it. Finally got it running, not all that well, but running. JAY pipe was done! Replaced it. Now while it’s running I can stand within 10 feet of to see. Fuel tank had a few wet spots on the bottom. I thought I would be a good idea to drain the tank. When I broke the drain bolt lose, diesel started coming from a hole in the tank. I removed the tank, power washed it, over 200 holes in it. It’s done. The diesel that in the tank was orange. I found a NOS fuel tank, installed it. It runs pretty good with new diesel in it.
Also bought new batteries for it (the correct ones). Backed it out the garage, the brakes locked up. Waiting on the air pack rebuild kit.
PARTS SO FAR....THAT ARE INSTA
Jay pipe-220.00
#2 fuel line-70.00
Batteries-342.00
Fuel sending unit-40.00
Fuel sending unit gasket-9.00
Injection pump-560.00

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Me too! Forgot to add the price of the fuel tank...

Fuel tank NOS-595.00
I like your determination to bring that truck up to spec. And will be following your progress with interest. (And encouragement).

I am close to finishing my GMC M135, And have (Also) Just fitted a new Manufactured fuel tank. The company making it fitted all the old fittings pipes and pump etc.. It is indistinguishable from the original. £500 'squid'.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a injection pump for 560 bucks, that between from some parts from original one, I was able to barely make one.
You're off to a good start, it usually takes 3 broken injectors to make one good one!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The way this works is that you fix things so the truck works sufficiently for you to find out what else is broken.
Initially, that may require a few beers on your part to adapt, but after that it is pretty painless. After all, you have the parts vendors book marked and the Deuce specific tool assortment handy already!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
You work Work study in SS with all it has to offer.
Work your butt off and study and make it all correct.
Once She becomes a passer downer to the family youngster... now nine,
Soon tbe 45? Then What do You teach? She is already almost 50 years old.
I always tried to preserve everything forever, machines, aircraft, powerplants,
Ships, small parts, parts bigger that your house, smaller than 4-40 and everything but me. Take care of yourself. Build nice truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks