• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

getting the M1009 MUDD ready

maritimer

ok well here in town they have a mudd run every summer and i figure since i am back in town with a real truck i should put it out there to show the the boys/girls what green iron can do so i have decided to get this M1009 built up a bit.

heres what i have done so far

extended dif,trans, xcase, breathers
new wheel bearings,u-joints,brakes
mudd tires*hercules trailer diggers 31X10.50R15*

prospective *in the next 2-3 weeks* projects

custom snorkel
turn fuel scew up 1/8th turn
adjust injection timing
custom "Green Meanie" windshield lettering
swap the 3.08 gears to 3.73's

so anything else you folks can think of that i might wanna do before outting her to the test in the deep sticky stuff.?

86M10086.2L

best advise, just be careful. The last time I had some real fun off roading, my gear lube turned into a soft serve ice cream looking mess. Needless to say I now have new wheel bearings races, seals etc... and a intimate knowledge of all the nooks and crannies of the CUCV differentials. But it was deffinately worth it.....

Bobert

You may want to check for holes or other places that you don't want mud to get packed in.

Also, My friend use to have a metro that he called the green weenie. :jumpin: rofl

AJMBLAZER

I hate mud.

However from past experience have some idea where the bottom is and if the part you are contemplating driving into even has a bottom.

Bozor1000

maritimer said:
ok well here in town they have a mudd run every summer and i figure since i am back in town with a real truck i should put it out there to show the the boys/girls what green iron can do so i have decided to get this M1009 built up a bit.

heres what i have done so far

extended dif,trans, xcase, breathers
new wheel bearings,u-joints,brakes
mudd tires*hercules trailer diggers 31X10.50R15*

prospective *in the next 2-3 weeks* projects

custom snorkel
turn fuel scew up 1/8th turn
adjust injection timing
custom "Green Meanie" windshield lettering
swap the 3.08 gears to 3.73's

so anything else you folks can think of that i might wanna do before outting her to the test in the deep sticky stuff.?
Those tires are going to get you stuck. You need some super swamper boggers!!!!

AJMBLAZER

RE: Re: getting the M1009 MUDD ready

Eh, they won't chuck mud like a Swamper but they'll be a hell of a lot better than a set of AT's.

I reread your post and with the 3.73 gears you're going to be rather low geared. I'd either look for some 3.42's and run the 31's or find some 33's to run with those 3.73 gears.

maritimer

gears are easy to find here especialy given the amount of mudders around running blazers LOL.
as for the depth of bottom well theres to "lanes" the almost everyone can make it through lane and the whered the hood go lane, i will likely use the former lane for the run unless i can float LOL.

as for getting stuck well these sneakers have gotten me through 2ft of swamp with no issues on my back property so i have few concerns there while they arnt as large lugged as the super swampers, they are alot easier on the pocket book at $150 a piece

AJMBLAZER

If you had OD the 3.73's would be perfect but we all have that wish.

Oh yeah, CLEAN IT GOOD afterwards. These trucks have so many nooks and crannies underneath them that it's no wonder the floorboards rot out so quickly. Years ago I looked at a big, lifted K10 and the ENTIRE undersides were covered in mud, grass, sticks, etc while the outside had been waxed and polished for the sale. I couldn't get away fast enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks