• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting the old girl started again

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A forklift....wish I thought of that. Instead, Mr. safety here leaned off the edge of a ladder to try and get 90° to the roof. I had the hood off but even leaning over to get the center window post and back of the cab would have been easier with the magic carpet. That truck looks great.

Do you need 30 of us to come over and help you sweep the shop?

drlogistics

There really wasn't that much overspray dust on the floor. I do plan on doing another coat though. I had 3 gallons of Behr Premium Plus. That was enough to do 1 coat on the cab, outside of the box, and most of the undercarriage parts. It's gonna need another coat or 2 before I put the stars and hood numbers on it. Speaking of reg numbers anyone have any suggestions? What about unit numbers for the bumpers? I think I am over-thinking the subject. Or maybe I'm over-thinking about over-thinking it? Should I just find an old pic of a truck in service and slightly change its numbers? Anyway, the show last weekend was awesome. Here's the sign that was displayed in front of my truck.
show sign.jpg
There wasn't a huge turnout in the military section. Mostly jeeps. But some really nice ones. One of the jeep owners was trying his best to sell me an M211 that he had sitting at home. But 8k is waaay too much for me. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I only paid $1000 for mine.
jeep row.jpg
The show was at the Sloan Museum campus in Flint MI. They have a great Buick museum where they keep this Hellcat tank they restored a while back. Every now and then they fire this thing up and bring it outside.
hellcat.jpg hellcat 2.jpg
Like you plowboy, I had the biggest truck there until this one showed up.
uncle meat.jpg
Thats a '55 5 ton replica of a Vietnam gun truck. The owner served on the actual one. He is a great guy. He let people climb up in the back of the truck and he had some great (and scary) stories.
I almost forgot! I keep meaning to ask you guys if anybody has a spare glove box door knob/latch that they'd be willing to part with. Mine was lost years ago and the glovebox door flops down when I hit 25 mph.

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"I almost forgot! I keep meaning to ask you guys if anybody has a spare glove box door knob/latch that they'd be willing to part with. Mine was lost years ago and the glovebox door flops down when I hit 25 mph."

Son of a biscuit. look what is sitting on my shelf in the bedroom. Wife says get that stuff out of the house. Looks like I may. I will dig around for a catch. I saved one somewhere....I'll PM you when I find it Saturday.

Attachments

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh, I forgot. Sorry. I started looking, then spent 2 days cleaning and got on to another project. Found some parts for my dually and worked on that for a while, went to a car show, purchased come leaf springs for the blazer, found all my winch parts, made some brackets. Found some pigtails and rewired the headlights. I need supervision.
I'll do it right now.
U going to Iola?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks