• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting there....This question is about the turbo on my M1152A1. It was mainly in storage until sold, 1076 miles.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive noticed that the turbo wastegate is opening and closing which is good but dont believe it should be opening much when only driving a short distance below 55 mph. Sometimes it has opened when running through a neighborhood about 40mph. Going to take the service manuals 1 and 2 pdf file to office depot and get them printed next week. Thanks for any information. Dave

Reactions: OBX

justinn

The waste gate is just a load(pressure) based actuator IIRC. If the turbo is making pressure, the actuator can be moving. My guess is that the crack pressure is only around 3-4 psi, so cruising under any type of load whatsoever can initiate movement on the actuator/wastegate. If you're heading up an incline at 40mph, it could be fully open, but it all depends on the load.

Justin

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Justinn is correct it just uses a spring to hold the gate closed and opens on back pressure.
Here is a way to make it adjustable, originally mine was starting to open around 5psi.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The waste gate is just a load(pressure) based actuator IIRC. If the turbo is making pressure, the actuator can be moving. My guess is that the crack pressure is only around 3-4 psi, so cruising under any type of load whatsoever can initiate movement on the actuator/wastegate. If you're heading up an incline at 40mph, it could be fully open, but it all depends on the load.

Justin
Thanks for the info. Going to get working on it Saturday.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Justinn is correct it just uses a spring to hold the gate closed and opens on back pressure.
Here is a way to make it adjustable, originally mine was starting to open around 5psi.

Will be getting this either converted or fixed back to new. Got a Saturday job now.
Thx, dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks