• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gidday-from england

m880 unimog

and sometimes ireland-
when im not spannering on various green machine,s im in my workshop building up old motorcycles.i have been involved with and owned milveh,s for over 20 years.and still think it,s a great idea.
i like real ale and top heavy lasses,well now you all know me so well...

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Yes, please post pictures. There is a lot of good information available here and a great bunch of people.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
And a hearty welcome from me, asw well, lad! Next time you nip off the pub, have a McEwans Tartan for me, eh? When in Ireland, a pint of Guinness would be welcome or, if that's too dear, a half would do. :beer:

m880 unimog

well,thanks for the welcomes! i only just got done looking around and im ordered to post pictures,i,ll do my best,but only 2 of my bikes are military,so i dont know whether to post em,i will post some of my green stuff , of course.
but i am a bit of [proud] computer neanderthal...:nothingfunny:

Attachments

L999here

...Welcome....

The OD iron is great...seems jolly ole' England was a bit too close to the last great war...but close enough to get a lot of armor...!! Pic's are fine ....but what about the top-heavy lasses...?....LOL. My sentiments exactly....Welcome to our addiction...errr....HOBBY....LOL....

m880 unimog

I know the trackie thingies and the swimmie thingies will be everyone favorites here... but the Lightweight FFR with pickup tow vehicle are what caught my eye!
thanks, sadly the amphibs and the AR90 SPG are not mine,i just got to play with them.
the pick up is an ex royal marines TUM 110- and is towing a FFR 1/2 TON,also ex RMC- the lightweight was a real find,bought straight out of the mob,where it had been buried in the workshops,it,s 24v 1983,and had a strange mixture of artic fit [giant heater and ducting,rubber matting everwhere] which was usually for norway,and also it has been done in desert colours and came with the wide wheels n tyres some kit got whilst in falklands,i have a lot of research to do-one day.,i know it to be completely original as it came directly from the RMC-even better it only has around 7,000 miles up,the gearbox particuly is very UN-landy series like!-it,s snick,snick,snick-sweet.
like a lot of ex marines kit it has been waded in salt water and requires renewing/extensive welding to chassis and bulkhead.landrovers were never much good at resisting rust,the marines just made the intro,s.
the 110 has been upgraded with a turbo diesel 200tdi,salisbury disc rear axle,and power steering.it gets worked to death most days and has towed some hefty kit all over,also gets used for shunting a lot in my yard.

Last edited:

Pawnshop

That 110 pickup sounds like the perfect MV enthusiast's shop truck, those things are as rare as hen's teeth around here. Good score on the Lightweight too! I have been Jonesing for a foreign MV, but my budget is thin:( I will have to be happy with my EX-MOD radios and maybe a Sankey trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks