• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gilbert Hotel?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know but, emmado22 was looking for one the other day and I'm pretty sure John Tennis(Jatonka) stayed at one last year. If you find something, let me know as my plans are flexible and my wife is coming along this year.I expect I'll be sleeping in my truck camper while there. Maddawg slept in his deuce last year, guess there were no rocks to crawl under after dark! :lol:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Google

Enter this in the search:

hotel loc: Tobyhanna, PA

It pulls up several of them in the area.

steve

LanceRobson

A buddy and his wife have been going there for years. she makes the reservations. I'll check with her tonight and post back.

doghead- I'll be with Ed K (L-Z Army-Navy). and he says we should be just inside the gate, next to the registration tent again. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

sprucemt

Well first off, Tobyhanna is a long way away from Gilbert. There is a motel south of Gilbert near the Penn Pike. Tim Clark started going there after a crappy experience at the motel north of Gilbert. The motel to the south is closer than going all the way to Stroudsburg.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don, will you be there? I need a gallon of BFS, if you are.

Lance, wear something sexy so I can pick you out of the crowd!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Gilbert Hotel?

doghead said:
Maddawg slept in his deuce last year, guess there were no rocks to crawl under after dark! :lol:
...hey, wait a minute! Be careful, I owe you a cold beer - and I might just pee in a bottle and chill it for you if you keep it up! :D

I will be in the deuce, or a tent, onsite this year again. I like camping. Except in 2004 when the hurricane went right overhead. That sucked.

sprucemt

RE: Re: RE: Gilbert Hotel?

I am bringing 30 gals of BFS. Anyone need 5 gallon pails of tan single part carc ($80.00 per pail), let me know soon.

Srjeeper

The hotels at the turnpike are in Lehighton, Pa., there's also some in Stroudsburg, Pa.. Lehighton is 10 miles from Gilbert and Stroudsburg is 14 miles.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stroudsburg

I'm at the Hampton in Stroudsburg. Stay there for all the Gilbert shows. About the closest I have found. There are lots of B&B's in Jim Thorpe and Stroudsburg also but some are expensive. Seems to be a busy season in the Poconoes.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Stroudsburg

Man, noone else likes camping onsite? I know you can't make a campfire on the fairgrounds, but I'm surprised there's no other die-hards out there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks