• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Girl's out of the paint shed

Starlight

Well, my girl's out of the paint shed. Freshly painted with MilSpray products. Now it's time for A.C. , Swing out tire carrier, sound system etc. Thanks for all the input and I'm sure more questions forthcoming. Glad I " $tlole" this truck because the money will be flowing into it. Capt.T

Attachments

Starlight

Hey guys , thanks. I found this in Carolina Forestry service. Got to know the guys pretty well on the phone and they have nothing to loose or gain by telling me REAL condition. I couldn't be happier with it. Almost no rust and certainly none all the way through. She cost 800 bucks. Has 18k total on her. The forestry service bought a bunch of them and then apparently got more money for up to date equipment. They then auctioned these off. Now mind you, I'm puting plenty in her as usual with my "projects" but I started out right so it's a bit easier than the m1008 we did after I fell pray to a bidding war and on and on. The Milspray paint company was great and the finished product looks like I want it to. Don't worry, comes in olive drab too. I'm getting ready to deal with Mike at O.D.Iron and get the a.c. thing squared away so the new baby can ride in comfort. Still want to do desert tan truck liner but waiting to hear who here's had the best luck with it. Took care of the tire jack situation with something far better than stock. Will get pics of anything we do here. She's coming along nice thanks to everyone here's help. Thanks, T.Turpin/ Palm Beach Troop Support. P.S. Kenny, still have slave cable for you.

Starlight

Hey guys, been undoing a lot of electrical problems. Lights didn't work found shunts (bypass wires) in two relays. Made it so as soon as we activated service lights the horn would blow??? Why would someone use a shunt anyway ? Found another shunt around the back of fuse panel which kept the blinkers from working . Have all that working now but out of plain curiosity, why would someone do this ? This wasn't original was it ? From what I can see, it's like bypassing the relay but I can't make sense out of it. Love to know what you guys think. Also , out of the blue the #2 alt. light now staying on ?? T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks