• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Give me a brake!!!!!!!

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the emergency brake away device attach inside the Hydraulic unit behind the lunette?. Have plenty of pressure on Lunette ring and Fluid coming out of the bleeders, TM says to use the Brake away to pump up pressure for bleeding. Unable to get any pressure, not sure if something came unhooked or broke inside.
Thanks Bob. :lost:

blybrook

I was wondering this question too, and I haven't taken apart my hydraulic controller to find out for sure, but page 245 of the TM (9-2330-202-14&P) shows the guts. That may help get you on the right track.

HTH

Bill

papakb

There's a ratchetting gear assembly on the top of the actuator that moves the cylinder if the attached chain gets pulled by the trailer coming loose from the pintle hook. By pulling on the chain you can actuate the cylinder by hand to bleed the brakes. You'll need to use a screwdriver to lift the gear latch to alow the brake cylinder to return to it's "home"position.

Kurt

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys thanks for the help, TM 9 on page 245 fig. 10 reallyl helped out. looks like part # 20 (washer push rod left the building). Was able to make another washer work. Boy a power bleeder would be nice. Took forever to use vacum bleeder, Brakes work great now.
Thanks Again.
Bob.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks