• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Give me some luck... and maybe a few answers? Recovery

VenomInjected

Well..... its all set in stone....

This upcoming Saturday morning.... another deuce might join the fray.

Been in contact with the private owner for a few weeks and now I'm making the drive.... with cash (cert check) in hand.

Pictorial results to follow BUT:

The e-brake is worn (or mis-adjusted) and the passenger front boot is worn/torn.
Spare parts are on-hand and go with the truck. (Is this a problem for anyone?)

Fuel gauge is NOT working

I'm looking at an hour n half trip there...probably 2.5 hour trip home.

Mechanical condition good.... appearance looks OK...but to be confirmed in person.

1968 Kaiser Jeep Multifuel 465 1D with the whistler
With Winch
With bed sides... no bows or top
Softtop cab
With cab heater and intake mani heater (aka the blow torch)
31,000 miles
Engine rebuild in 1989
Retired 1995

Price to be negotiated but should be around 4500-5000ish pending appearance (looks good from pictures but we all know how that goes)

Thoughts and opinions?

Anyone scared of anything?

Attachments

markmontana

Looks 'way' lot better than a lot of trucks I have brought home. While you can never predict what may happen, just plan for the worst and hope for the best.

A decent seller will be able to offer good advice and help you. Most will even standby for emergency help during your drive home.

gunboy1656

2.5 hour trip, just stop at the first fuel station top off the truck and should have no worries about the fuel gauge. The boot would ask how long it has been torn, could be no troubles.

Carry chocks for when you do stop, to help if the e brake does not hold well.

VenomInjected

Kind of nice...my co-pilot (who might actually drive the truck home) drives a tandem axle 40,000# water truck and a tag trailer/directional boring drill on tracks every day..... so I have some large scale truck experience coming with also.

Along with my air compressor filled.... impacts, breaker bars, 7 foot cheater pipe, and mobile MIG welder....

Chocks are coming too...

SteveKuhn

Truck looks nice and price is below what a lot of them are selling for around here. In addition to the above: Just looked these up for a friend who's doing a GL pickup on Friday. He's just gonna try to start it and get it on the flatbed, so these are overkill for him but there are lots of ideas in these 2 threads that could come in handy for you.

May you have an uneventful and enjoyable 2.5 hour ride. Consider keeping 98% of the driving fun to yourself. Your truck will likely tell you a lot about itself in that time, and most of it requires having your hands on the wheel.

Steve

[FONT=&quot]http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/...litmate-deuce-recovery-list-instructions.html[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/133-great-list-picking-up-your-deuce.html[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wouldn't worry about the torn boot. I would try to get the parking brake working. It is not rated to stop the truck(if regular brakes fail) but it can help stop it after down shifting. ALso, I would rather not turn a running truck off, till I got it home and had a chance to look it over in depth. The parking brake would be nice to have during a fill up.

VenomInjected

I know the DD gassers are anti engine running.... any issue with fueling diesel with the truck running? Can't say I've stopped at a diesel pump.....ever.....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not if you got to a truck(big rig) stop. You will want to use the truck stop as they have higher volume pumps. No reason to spend 30min filling your tank.

markmontana

I know the DD gassers are anti engine running.... any issue with fueling diesel with the truck running? Can't say I've stopped at a diesel pump.....ever.....
Like Gimp said- leave it running. Unless I have to overnight- the truck is running all the time. Just like a big diesel generator- these motors can run continuously- just add fuel. (and watch the gauges)

212sparky

No issues. I never turn my truck off unless I am parking for more than a half hour. Look at any truck fuel island, they are all running. Good luck with the trip. Remember we likw pictures and videos!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

dburd72

15w40 motor oil, dot 5 brake fluid, fuel filters, coolant, cash for tow truck. I would contact a local towing company . Until you can perform a full safety inspection ( brakes, wheel cylinders , wheel bearings , tires , lights ) I would not risk any body safety .

VenomInjected

15w40 motor oil, dot 5 brake fluid, fuel filters, coolant, cash for tow truck. I would contact a local towing company . Until you can perform a full safety inspection ( brakes, wheel cylinders , wheel bearings , tires , lights ) I would not risk any body safety .

Planned on taking a few gallons of 15-40, dot5, 1.50 budd socket with my 3/4" drive and 6 foot breaker....celly..... 2 ways...one for the deuce...one for the DD vehicle were taking to get up to the deuce.... (the following vehicle on the way home...)

Along with full air compressor, gen, MIG welder, tools etc....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks