• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Giving Back

kennys@wi.rr.com

Last year a woman my wife knows from church learned I have the deuce and asked me if I could bring the truck to her work for a display. She works for a retirement home and they were putting on something for the Vets there, they have a lot of them, and wanted to have a static display for them. They were also going to have encampments on display and some re-enactors. She was hoping more for WWII and Korean era vehicles. Well I had a week to get anyone I knew together to get involved. As we all know it's a task to get people anywhere with a months notice let alone a week. I managed to get two deuces and a CUCV. All in 383 colors nothing like what they asked for. However, the residents loved it. They were able to talk to their grandkids and try to help them understand what it was they had done in the service. To me an event like this means more than even dare I say Poofstock. It's a way for me to give back to the people who have given all to ensure I have the freedom to enjoy this hobby.

Coming up on July 14th of this year they are doing it again. I would ask for anyone who is near Menomonee Falls, WI to please consider giving some of your time to this display. They hope to have a seperate area just for us so we can easily enter and exit as needed. As I have more details I will post them. I already have a few people confirmed for this but again it's all more modern equipment. Please help me to put together a display worthy of what these men and women were willing to do for us. Thank you all who can help support this.

Here is what I have so far:
July 14th 2012
Highlands at Wildwood Lake
N77 W17700 Lake Park Drive
Menomonee Falls

And the pathetic link to what we had last year:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/70817-history-american-wars.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks