• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gl brokers?

ohiohmmwv

Does anyone know of any 3rd parties that will deal locally with GL for you. ie, you pay, then the broker picks up equipment and coordinates shipping, etc.. The items I want to bid on are all too far for me to travel to. Anyone on this forum do it?

gunboy1656

Wright Patt AFB in Dayton is not really that far. I took my deuce out to pick up 2 trailers.

You could find something buy it yourself and see if another member can get it off base for you until you can get it. Same with having someone preview something.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are at different locations. Wreckerman will "broker" for you at Redstone and I can sometimes do it at Ft. Campbell.

truck1

GL will allow you to hire shipping co.'s to deliver your goods. I recently won a generator from Hill AFB in Utah and used Fast Track Logistics to recover and ship my goods. They were on GL's site as a preferred shipper. Everything went smooth-no damage and a timely delivery.A 300 lb item was 260$ shipped to CA. Try to bid on items close to home- it reduces shipping costs.

ohiohmmwv

Ok, I don't want to break the forum rules by discussing something that's currently on auction, but how do I go about seeing if someone can look at something to preview it without mentioning that gl has it up for auction?

Tlauden

Ok, I don't want to break the forum rules by discussing something that's currently on auction, but how do I go about seeing if someone can look at something to preview it without mentioning that gl has it up for auction?
Go to the GL section of this forum and post in the Inspection/load out category. Just simply state you need "X" inspected at location "Y". Then maybe someone will PM you and you can be more specific in your messages.....

At least that's what I would do....

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy and I pick up trucks and trailers at WPAFB for members. Hdexpert or Kipman can probably help in the Columbus area.

MilChevyguy

....an idea, is there a section in the forum, where each GL location is listed and whom ever does PU from there can post?

(if this is a good idea...someone make the section AND make one for getting what is allowed into Canada or at least the boarder!!!! I would help from this end)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've picked up hundreds of trucks, trailers and other assorted surplus junk in SC and surrounding areas.

You can get on the member map and look for members close to the auction site, many have put if they pick up trucks or not. Don't go bugging everyone with PM's though, if there isn't anyone obvious on the map, just post like others have said in the GL forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks