• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL cheated me

fokkerc1

I bid on a M1008 back in October 2008. It was at Mechanicsburg, Pa. , and was beautiful. I won the bid, payed for it, and started the EUC process. The person at GL, in Arizona, kept rejecting my drivers license photo, until I finally got one faxed to her, with 2 days to go on their deadline. She assured me everything was OK, and I didn't check up for 2 days due to other pressing matters. When I did, I found my account was frozen. I called the individual at GL, who stated she had never spoken to me, even trhough I had called numerous times trying to sraighten out the EUC photo mess. I therefore was denied the truck, and had to have a Lawyer friend contact them to release my money. He had problems having anyone at GL talk with him more than 2 times. He was told I have to pay $300.00 to activate my account, so I can bid again. I have purchased a Dodge D50 Air Force truck and 2 M1009's from them in the past. I guess I won't be able to get the title for the last M1009 since I don't want to pay for someone elses screwup. I am retired militarily from the Air Guard with 25 years (not 60 yet so no pay), and had to retire with a disability from the Postal Service, so I don't have a lot of money to throw away for this issue. Has this happened to anyone else?:sad:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sounds fairly typical from GL corporate, they have the contract with the Gov for 5 years, unless they really screw up bad,

wait,

disregard that last part. . .

Last edited:

84cucv1ton

i lost 2600 because of those pricks. i get my stuff from friends and family and that is it.. never again. i tell everyone not to bother with them. called many times. no way to get you money back from my understanding :x:x:x:x:x

fokkerc1

I got my initial cash back, but the jerks won't own up to their mistake, or let me back in unless I pay the $300.00. My lawyer is going to try again (he is also a JAG). aua

greg6459

I am so glad that I didn't have to go through GL to get mine...

And just think, there a quite a few people out there that want the Government to run Health care...:roll:

ken326@yahoo.com

someone should get more involved and have the government fire them..
they tried getting me for $3,000.00 for a bid i won and when i went to pick it up it wasnt even the right truck. they sold me an m35 a3 when i got there it was a a2 that was in terrible condition. so it was a 20 year old diffrence and totally diffrent model and they said its still yours. good thing my credit card company gave my money back..

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And just think, there a quite a few people out there that want the Government to run Health care...:roll:
I LOVED when DRMS sold the surplus. Once a month you headed to your local base with a truck and trailer and came home with all kinds of booty for WAY less than "privatized" GL.

TIGERFANS2

What was the gal's name at gl?
Note to all: take a DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPH, IN COLOR OF COURSE, ATTACH SAID PHOTO TO AN EMAIL and send away. Be sure to take it at a slight angle and try turning off the flash.

Ask me how I know

Bozor1000

If you have a chance to buy surplus from GSA, go through them. They are government and are really easy to work with. I work for the VA and I get rid of stuff through GSA and they are really easy to work with. Whenever I sell a vehicle, I have the SF97 with in a day or two from the end of the auction. Then when the customer come and picks up the vehicle, I have the SF97 ready for them. I know when I bought my truck from Gov Liquidations, I had to wait about 4 months for the SF97 and my DMV out here in California charged me late fees from the date of purchase.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I had won two trucks and they rejected my card due to expiration date....I had a new card.
The claimed to have emailed me but most stuff from GL hits my spam box and is deleted.
I went through the whole goat roping with them and they tried to jam me up for 300 bucks also.
The lady I spoke to said that GL was not obligated to call me and inform me of an account problem. Customer service is not their forte.
I finally got to the head POGUE and read him the riot act. I told him I had years of experience with national media in my capacity as a Military Public Affairs NCO (100% true)and that I would be happy to show up in Phoenix with a news crew in tow and let him explain his side of the story to the public.
That sent him into a new dimension of weaseling.
He still refused to admit that the problem was on their end but waived most of the 300 bucks and reinstated my account.
The ironic thing is that I bid on and won the same two trucks a few months later. I paid 500 bucks less for them.....saving me and losing them around 300 bucks.....go figure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks