• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL cheated me

Tanner

"GL cheated me" ??

Welcome to the club, we have jackets. Actually, we're still waiting on the EUCs for the jackets.
:funny: That's some funny crap there...

... at the very least, if you feel that you're being taken by the Gubment, you know who's doin' it to you... sort of...

Good luck Gents!

'Tanner'

fokkerc1

The M1008 I got screwed out of had 45,000 miles on it. It was nice. If I go out to Phoenix to visit my sister, I WILL pay them a visit. I hate A__holes.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
GL Auction number 10101010-1, 55 gallon drums of government mil-spec waterproof frictionless KY jelly, relives the pain, EUC required!:lol:
All lots in that auction were recalled when the seller determined that customers were actually getting some relief from using said lot. Customers were offered an alternate item....Grease, Artillery and Automotive (GAA) mixed with sand.:shock:

Nonotagain

March 8th, 2010.

GL Auction number 10101010-1, 55 gallon drums of government mil-spec waterproof frictionless KY jelly, relives the pain, EUC required!:lol:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan
Please don't confuse that lot with this one 10101010-2 as this one contains sand for those that have received repeated shaftings by GL.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bait and switch by GL and FBI case

GL pulled a bait and switch on me with a MEP 003a diesel generator.

I have filed a internet fraud case with the FBI.

Lets see what happens. If nothing ,then the rot is very deep in our federal government.

I may need your storys, so keep the evidence on file. This could take a very long time but something must be done.

I'm with most of you guys, I think DRMO needs to take back their job.

Best of luck; we'll need it dealing with GL.

One soldier fighting corruption,
Orren John Winjum

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They did that to me was not the license they said my credit card turned down the money and I did not contact then with in the time limit I call the card company and they said that GL had never put a charge on the card. I then call GL back and they said that if they turned it down it would not show I told her she was nuts if the card compnay had turned it down they would have a record of it and the thing I had a h##l of a lot more money on the card for what the price of the lot I won. The last time this came up GL sent me a Email saying I need to call about payment I call them and then the card conpany it was GL . now they want me pay a default fee to get back in the system nuts.
AEC Retired Tony

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Said this before and hopefully this will help.

Being former military you know that everyyone works for someone. GL is an agent of the US government and therefore has a boss. That boss is this case is the Contracting Officers Representative at Defense Logistics Agency in Battle Creek, MI. Find out who that person is and that is your point of complaint.

Don't like the answer there, talk to DLA.

Don't like the answer there, a senator or congressman would be next. Keep in mind that when writing to these guys they are ignorant. You have to walk the horse down the path to get to the water. You have to let them know that GL is a contracted agent of the US govt that is responsible for disposal of US govt property and have wronged you.

I would not take this approach lightly. If you are right, and it sounds like you are, I would go through the proces and most likely you wil be filing a congressional complaint against DLA. DLA has a week to respond. They hate these things but it forces them to answer to the "little man".

Good luck.

BEASTMASTER

yep they did that crap with my buddie. wanted dollars to re -activate his account, he told them to kiss his a_ _. he's on the barred list now. they are jerks .

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the thing isI have paid then around 20, 000 in the last 18 months never had a problem the last two same s$%t I check my acount on thu, to see were my ecu was everything ok went to log in friday said acount suppend no email why. I call the card compnay just in case it see if GL had tryed to charge me like before the card company said they had not. so I had to hang loose til monday 1100 here to find out what was up.
AEC Retired Tony

fokkerc1

Sorry to hear that so many ran into what I did. I will instruct my Lawyer friend to threaten them with our Congressman, Tim Holden (Dem, darn it). I will see what that does.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If people don't keep the politics out of this thread it will be deleted before long. ;)

I haven't been burned (very bad) by GL yet but I know a bunch of people that have. I know several people that used to buy a bunch of stuff that have been banned because they refuse to pay the unjustified default fees.

The bottom line is that if everything goes smooth you're lucky but if there is a problem it's always your fault (according to GL) and they will hold your account ransom.

There is no way any company, other than a monopoly government contractor, could treat their customers the way GL does and stay in business.

blacktop

Buy a cheep HP scanner-printer and scan and EMAIL you drivers licence and EUC. They are crystal clear and I have only had to resubmit once and it was my typo. My last EUC was sent to BC on a friday and was paid in full the next wednesday.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Filing a congressional is not political. It is the procedure that is authorized to right the wrongs of a govt agency. It is like the nuclear option (LOL). I'm not making politics, I'm providing legitimate advice on how to get help. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Every last person that has been wronged should write a short concise letter. Female dogging on here about it won't help. Everyone hitting the congressman at once will have a massive impact when 20 or 30 congressionals hit the COR at DLA. A sledge hammer between the eyeballs effect.

OK one step further. Everyone is to write their congressman within the next 5 days. The specific wording is GL acting as a contracted agent of the Defense Logistics Agency.

That should work.

fitz

The more I read about GL the more I love the GSA auctions. I was driving my M1028 with the SF97 in hand within 30 minutes of winning the bid. With GSA it happens almost instantly, the half hour was with me hanging around watching a few other trucks get auctioned off.
Being new to this it does seem like GL has a larger invintory to pick from compared to GSA, but they seem hard to work with.

The Janiter

Guys - if you want to know who you are dealing with - go to the HOME web site for the

corporation that owns GL

Look at the name and the photo of the "3rd partner" - then ask your self why this company is

based in Wash. DC

And where the real money is coming from

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys - if you want to know who you are dealing with - go to the HOME web site for the

corporation that owns GL

Look at the name and the photo of the "3rd partner" - then ask your self why this company is

based in Wash. DC

And where the real money is coming from
It would save all of us a lot of leg work if you'd attach a LINK to the target information, please.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Welcome to the "I got screwed by GL Club". They are like ebay, they don't give a crap if they piss off 10,000 people because they have 10,000,000 more customers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks