• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Columbus "postview"

Buckeye2000

I went out this morning to take a look at the deuce I won last week. Aside from some confusion regarding where to send me, it went smoothly and the GL folks were good to work with.

Overall she looks good with some surface rust, but nothing a wire brush and paint can't fix. 2 of the tires need a little air but 2-3 of them look relatively new. The brake pedal was a little soft but firmed up with a couple of pumps. I'm planning on bleeding them when I pick it up. The clutch felt great. I opened up the air tanks and they still had a little air in them. The batteries were totally flat but the cables/terminals look almost new. I also found a Solargizer, which was a nice surprise. The oil was to the line on the stick and looked good. The coolant was clean as well. I took off the oil fill cap and was pleased to see that the top end looked very nice (what I could see of it). Other than that, everything is there and looks solid aside from a cracked convex mirror on the driver's side.

I took my camera but left the memory card at home aua

Come on EUC!!

JCKnife

I suppose it varies from base to base but to what extent can you get access to the truck before EUC clears?

Buckeye2000

It didn't seem to be an issue. The GL guy said I was free to do what I wanted to it there on the lot. I was planning to take the batteries to either charge them or turn in the cores but he didn't have time to wait this morning.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barstow was good about letting me "visit" my truck.

13 MIKE

I pulled my 2 out of there yesterday. One didn't need anything, the other needed brakes bled, and a jump.

Drive home went smooth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks