• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Condition Ratings

naclosagc

Hi.

I know this is a pretty simple question, but I did not find it by searching. It seems that all of the trucks I have been looking at (Missouri specifically) have an H7 rating, saying '[FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria'. Some of those trucks look to be in pretty good condition. I was wondering if they always put them in that condition, or are they really unserviceable? Or does unserviceable just mean that they don't want to service them?

Thanks for looking!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

nf6x

Feral Engineer
The condition code ratings generally don't correlate well with reality. I recommend that you ignore the ratings and inspect any individual trucks that you are interested in bidding one.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have driven scrap rated trucks off base and they needed almost nothing to be reliable drivers.

I've had to pull trucks off base rated at complete, just needing some minor things, and parts were falling off the truck on the way home...

ALWAYS inspect or have someone you can trust inspect for you!

taylordc15

When I was still in and turning items into DRMO it was less paperwork to say it was unserviceable. I have gotten items for my unit from DRMO that were listed as H7 and turned out to be new in box. As previously stated preview, the codes cannot be trusted.

Scarecrow1

H7 Means it has been deemed unworthy of any future repairs or upgrades . Which in military terms means we have been given money to buy better toys and you can have our old ones. Like some kids some of the toys are in great shape and some you can't find all the pieces to put it back together again much less sell. So like the man said choose wisely

doolest

semi meaningless...she rated lower that was better that rated higher...total crap shoot...varies from gl location to location extremely...key in to inspect or find someone that can

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Speaking as someone who used to assign Condition Codes for a living, they are useless when they get to GL.
I agree...I've probably bought 20 Mv's from GL and they were all coded "F". Only previewed one but they were ALL good trucks...haven't paid a dime to fix anything on any of them.
Having said that...let me say I'm a very lucky person and God loves me....your mileage may vary. Preview when possible or try to get someone to do it for you.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
What about bases where inspections are not allowed, like Ft Sill?
The condition codes would be pretty meaningless there, too. If you can't do an in-person inspection, then you're really gambling when you bid. Once you've been watching things for a while, you might be able to make a reasonable guess about the condition of a truck based on the description, condition code and pictures (any of which may be inaccurate), but it's still a gamble.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks