• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL contractors destroying cucv's

phil2968

You know with out those bearing caps that rear end may be junk. I think they are machined in place and another set may not line up. Maybe their in the truck somewhere.

Gunzy

On fluids. There is NO rhyme or reason to what is being done. I recently purchased a M932A2 that was obviously missing parts(instruments, generator, etc.) but when I inspected it there was a lot more gone. Most of the air brake lines and CTIS stuff was gone as well as a bunch of other stuff. Once I had it recovered I started to check fluids and found engine, trans, and P/S all drained but the left fuel tank full while the right fuel tank had the drain plug pulled. I haven't checked the diffs of transfer case yet. I really don't think they have a system, or if they do no one gives a crap.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really don't think they have a system, or if they do no one gives a crap.
Government Standard of Operations.

Rarely around here is anything drained, but I've picked up in other places and everything was empty, but nothing was cut or damaged. I did pick a truck up once where all the drain plugs were gone though.

61sleepercab

Answer to the "killer oil" question: When government had gas guzzler buy back on old clunkers, regular oil was drained and special lock up oil(killer oil ) was installed and engine restarted till traumatic engine failure occurred.

Local dealer had office bets on how many minutes the clunkers ran till lock up. This prevented whole engines from gas guzzlers from being recycled but allowed some take off parts like carbs and water pumps and starters to be saved. Mark