• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Deuces on hold again 2' to TSC?

surfdog

Just got this email from GL:

Anyone know what's going on?

The approval that you received regarding Event 5132 Lot xxxx was given in error. This vehicle has not been cleared by the TSC and you will not be able to remove this property. Once an approval has been authorized by Trade Security you will be notified.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations
Government Liquidation, LLC

KsM715

It doesnt sound like they are putting the truck on hold, it sound more like they accidentaly sent you the PIF invoice and they werent supposed too.

The G Man

I got the same email today from a sale at Ft Knox... What is FMS hold?
My event number was 5143.. This company is a pain in the 4th quarter. I got 3 deuces was ready to pick up and now this. Does anyone have an idea how long this will take?:evil:

WyoDeuce

My deuce was part of the last hold. My paid invoice showed up the day before the hold notice. I called the GL rep at the base to schedule a pickup like nothing had happened. The rep at the base said nothing about the hold and I picked up the following week. The deuce is sitting in my driveway with a clean title and plates now. Never heard anything else about the hold from GL. Don't forget that after you get an invoice the clock is ticking to pick up your lot. That is GL's rules. Try and pick up. The worst they can say is no.

KsM715

My 5143 truck is sitting in the front yard. No e-mail from GL either and it had a paper in the windshield that said FMS Freeze.

FMS freeze is "foreign (sp?) military sale". That means that truck is put on hold to sell it to another country. Sometimes they get sold off to other countries and leave DRMO and sometimes they sit there for up to a year and then get turned over to GL.

Sandcobra, I hope your truck isnt one of those and the paper just got left in the window after it was turned into GL. otherwise I would be expecting a letter stating you need to return it if it gets sold to some other country.

Theres at least 30-40 "FMS" trucks sitting in the same line up as the GL trucks at FT Riley.

Heavysteven

Let me chime in on this. Several members including myself had trucks put on hold last October in Kentucy. GL was giving no answers. Here is what I did.

Got my paid in full, called the local rep. (Marcus) and he told me to come get the truck. Even though both Marcus and I knew about the hold it did not seem to matter. Right or Wrong I would do the same thing over in a heartbeat.

Flyingvan911

When I went up to check out my truck at Ft. Riley I noticed a lot of truck sitting in GL's lot. I was wondering why they haven't been put up for auction. I hope they don't try to send my truck with the rest. I hope the EUC clears soon.

SgtDave12

Trucks on Hold, cant pick em up from GL ???

My 2 EUCs cleared on 5/11 (same date but submitted to BC at diff times) in 54 days start to finish, I was ecstatic, then I tried to arrange a pick up and was advised I couldn’t pick up either vehicle yet, all trucks are on hold by the TSC or some such Fed agency. I've Been on the phone for two days trying to sort this out... GL's explanation is that all sorts of trucks in PA, AL, Georgia etc are on hold because of this %#&$ , so I was given a choice, wait a few more weeks or refund my money. They don’t know when the vehicles will be released, but the customer rep. said it had something to do with an inspection of the trucks... so who knows, he also said to wait a week or so past the 60 day mark from when my EUCs hit BC......so what’s up with the mutli answers? I guess I'll wait the extra time. *** Mine are at Annville and Mechanicsburg PA Sure seems like a bunch of guys are in the same boat on this issue.

:lost: