• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Deuces

I see a whole bunch of deuce and a halfs for sale through GL an hour away from me. I'm new to this whole thing, but how pricey do they get before the auctions end? Are there usually any problems with getting GL purchased deuces titled? I'd love a deuce and a cheap one in reasonable shape would be a great way to get my foot in the door.

greenjeepster

The east coat trucks have been closing close to 3 K lately.... then you have a 60 day wait for your first EUC on it. It is a complete gamble on condition. I bought two back in October and one was in perfect operating condition and the other (the one in my avitar) needed tranny work, IP, Alternator and a bunch of other minor things.

If you can win one in the 1500 range it is worth the risk in my opinion...any higher than that and you might as well buy private sale in known running condition.

velociT

The titling part is easy.

The getting it home if you don't preview could prove to be the interesting part.

On the east coast, for a decent GL deuce, expect $1,800 to about $4,000 depending on the truck's condition, the # being auctioned, luck, wind direction, etc...

WyoDeuce

Moderators do not like you discussing upcoming auctions.
Someone else may want to bid.
Nobody is discusing specific auction lots. If GL won't allow a closed watchlist to be seen then this is the only option to be an informed consumer.

3-25-10 auction had a ton of deuces for sale. Ones I was watching were $2000 - $3000 for non winch in good shape. $3000 -$4000 for nice winch trucks. Trucks sold for less but if you wanted the nice ones you had to shell out some real $$$. Condition is everything with these auctions.

greenjeepster

Ease of getting it titled is state specific.... some states don't even require a title, some make you jump through all kinds of hoops. Sometimes GL messes up the paper work and it can take 3,4,5 months to get it all worked outaua

JCKnife

If you're only an hour away I'd go preview the trucks before bidding. And if you get one be prepared to be hooked. :D

greenjeepster

There is a GL section to this forum. Drop in there and read through some of it so you can get an idea of what you will be getting into. Bidding and winning something through GL is not always as simple as one would think. Definitely preview, sometimes they use file photos and what you bid on is not what is pictured. Make sure you have your payment lined up and make sure it clears... they will cancel your bid and user ID and charge you about 400.00 if your payment does not go through the first try.

sandcobra164

They're a little on the high side right now. Uncle Sam just sent out income tax returns and some people are running the bids up. I got mine in October of 09 for just over 1,000 dollars after buyer's premium and tax. It's a good running without winch truck but I've spent at least another 1,000 dollars in routine maintenance, batteries, seals, spin on oil filter kit, etc. One member's signature is "It's not what you pay for them, it's what you end up spending on them" and those are words of wisdom.

kc5mzd

I would preview the truck for sure. The last few I bought needed more bodywork than I thought. The GL pictures somehow missed the rust holes.
I was picking up a trailer 2 weeks ago and took the opportunity to look over some of the trucks that are going to be up soon. The clean ones with the best paint had the worst engines on the lot. The older looking ones had nicer engines.
Just remember you can't judge a book from its cover...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks