• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Does it do any good to dispute a claim ??

auctionaddict

I bought 2 MKT99s a few weeks back. Went and previewed first and took inventory (no pics)
When I went to pick them up, one had the MBU burners removed that were there when I previewed.
I left that trailer and filed a claim, Here is what I got,

01/07 Penn Metal Fabricators Inc. MKT-99 Field Kitchen, serial # 1383-85, trailer mounted on a M103A3, ID serial #451 1.5 ton trailer chassis, 2 wheel with dual hand brakes and lunette ring for use with a pintle hook system for towing, kitchen is not complete. Unit upgraded on 2/07. Valve stems are present on tires. Valve stem needles and caps missing. Tires won't hold air. Buyer is responsible for removal. GL assistance is available.

Based upon the information mentioned above, Government Liquidation cannot honor your request however two resolutions are available for you to choose from:

1. You may remove the property 'as is'. If you choose this resolution please contact the site to schedule the removal.

2. You may, as a one-time courtesy, default on this sale. In this case, the buyer is only liable for a default fee equal to 25 percent of the bid amount or $30 minimum, whichever is greater. Default fees are calculated based on 25% of the bid amount, If not paid
your Government Liquidation account will be suspended from all bidding activity and will remain that way until the default fee in the amount of $1,125.25 is paid.

What should I do ?

Dispute and drag it out ?
Ask for a refund and not use GL anymore ?

I don't want to accept it as-is because the MBUs are big bucks and its not worth what I bid without them..

Thanks guys !!

BTW. When I tried to show "Mr. personality" at ATL truck center what was missing, he said...
"No, doesn't matter, stuff disappears here sometimes, I cant watch everybody"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without pics, your out of luck.

No proof, no deal...

3rdaavbn

I had the same problem with a Mep003A genset. It had an IP in the Pictures, not when I picked it up. This added $ 250.00 for an IP, plus install and it still puts out no power. A lot more $ than I ever thought. I think I'm done w? GL.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is hit or miss in the claims department. Some people have had good luck, many have not.

Without any proof the MBUs were there, I don't know how you'll ever get anywhere.

Sounds like you're either going to have to pay the default or take the trailer. There is one more option but I wouldn't advise it, dispute the claim with the Credit Card Company. If you do this you should get all your money back but you can forget ever buying from GL again.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything at GL should be considered scrap. Always save auction pics. Pics you take will likely not matter to them unless you get th he GL rep in the picture as well.

440Duster

I think many of us can provide horror stories concerning our GL purchases. The below pictures show what my 'F' condition transfer case looked like when I lifted off the top of the container. Considering the rust and the large crack, it should have been condition coded as scrap not something that can be economically repaired. After reading their disclaimer, I didn't feel I had the option of fighting it.
P4040395.jpgP4040398.jpg

3dAngus

I usually take pictures if I take the time to drive up and screen.
People, bring your cameras. It might save you from this happening to you. I have had stuff come up missing when I picked up, but always had pictures and GL has always made it right because of it.
I'm surprised the MBUs were not in GLs pictures. They usually try to get them in there. Regrets.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the three point hitch stolen from a tractor I bought between the time we bought it and when we picked it up. GL on site rep agreed it had been taken. I got the same response you got and got no further help. You can take it as is or get your money back.

Mac

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think many of us can provide horror stories concerning our GL purchases. The below pictures show what my 'F' condition transfer case looked like when I lifted off the top of the container. Considering the rust and the large crack, it should have been condition coded as scrap not something that can be economically repaired. After reading their disclaimer, I didn't feel I had the option of fighting it.
View attachment 490186View attachment 490187
As you have found out, condition codes are worthless.

As Kenny (recovery4X4) said, If you don't inspect the item expect scrap. Looks like scrap is what you've got.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
These stories make me so mad when I see people bidding stuff up to retail prices on GL. You are buying from a wholesaler-in fact, GL is the govt. surplus version of the local auto auction.

You really, really, really don't want to pay retail for a car (or whatever) from the local auto auction because you'll feel like a fool when it makes it 10' out of the gate and blows up.

Pictures, condition codes, etc............... mean nothing. They mean nothing. Bid on everything at scrap value and when some idiot pushes you up, STOP. Let him buy the cracked transfer case.

Disclaimer: I'm not calling u/440Duster an idiot. Only using his "F" code transfer as an example.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well you could refuse to pick it up , dispute the credit card and then see if you can get site addmin to change your screen name to " recoverying auctionaddict " as you will be out of the game at GL.

FloridaAKM

Ouch, that really puts a sour taste in your mouth after that deal. If you want to continue bidding at the GL auctions, you'll probably have to pay & take the unit off their lot. I, like you are, would be really ticked @ the GL folks. If you pay the fee they want for the one time deal, that is a chunk of change to just hand them to let you off the hook.

The only bright side is that I'll be up your way next week to work a deal with you & not GL on a MV, Drop me a line if you don't mind!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
They left 2 tool boxes I bought outside and open "for inspection" at Ft Bragg. Quite crusty by the time I got them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usename changes are not allowed (unless you pay a 15% name change fee).:rules:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks