• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL frustration

dirtyfingernails

I had to rant some--I won my first item requiring an EUC. What a %$#!? hassle! First I emailed it, after 7 days--no change (submission pending). I chat online with GL on the 8th night out--she said send it again--I did. 9th day I call--different woman says to fax it--she said emails don't all get done?? I fax it over--starting to sweat... No change in status... what gives?? I get an email later that day--need to fill in supplemental form for first timers. I get it, fill it out and fax it back it 15 minutes! My status changed to needing revisions from customer... Today I faxed it again to another number--6 hours later they say they will walk it over to EUC division and thanks. Crap I only have a few days left--they send me emails telling me that I have 12 days to get a satisfactorily completed EUC to them or I lose privledges and have to pay 25% of item I forfeit?? What gives.. I'm still in the dark! Nobody over there responds! I am extremely frustrated--to the point of losing sleep.. Sorry for the rant.
Steve

Bow-man

The responses from GL employees as well as the experiences and stories from SS members are as varied as the day is long. All one has to do is survey the posts here about EUC's, SF-97's, etc. My first go around was similar to yours, and I emailed my revisions IN TIME,
but somehow my account was suspended without notice or explanation. When I contacted people via email nobody would respond. Period. Customer service told me to email an appeal to "management", and I attached all previous email correspondence to back my case. When it was all said and done (about two weeks later), they reinstated my account, waived my 25% fee, but I lost my original sale. Their response was worded like it was all my fault and they were gracing me with forgiveness "this time" as a sign of good will.
However, I will not complain now since it eventually got "fixed".
It would seem that the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand. Just mind your P's and Q's, save your emails, get names and #'s of every GL employee you talk to, get confirmation of each fax you send (if that's even possible), and cross your fingers and hope for the best!

FormerNewMVGuy

Sorry to hear that you are having problems! I have bought a number of things from GL and all required EUC, to Date i have never had one single problem, other than playing the waiting game for the SF-97.
Im sure you will get it all straightened out!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found that it's best to ALWAYS call the person you are sending a e-mail or fax to right after you send it to make sure they got it and doesn't need revisions.

I've filled out several EUCs in the past and I always ended up having to send a color copy of my drivers licence certified mail before the would approve it. I mean I tried everything (fax, scan, e-mail, photo, blown up pic, etc.). They all were rejected. The last one I mailed the woman said she would save a copy and could use it next time. We'll see.

dirtyfingernails

EUC status changed to "sent to Battle Creek" this afternoon. I guess this is a good thing. I hope the rest goes more smoothly. Thanks for feeling my pain and the words of wisdom.
Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks