• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Gens at Ft. Polk prices?

derf

Anyone get a gen from this past week's GL auciton at Ft. Polk?
What did they go for?
I was going to bid on some 016Ds but got busy at work and didn't get a chance to bid.

Isaac-1

A fellow board member from the Alexandria area bought his first generator in this lot, it was a MEP-002a and he said it went for just over $600, I think others went for less, but he drew the short straw and was bidding on one where the auction ended up being extended due to the 15 minute rule.

Isaac-1

Overall I guess this sounds fairly typical of the lots from the last couple of years, although there certainly seems to be a trend of the 3KW MEP-016D's going fairly high compared to the 5KW MEP-002a's, maybe it is a portability thing, or a perceived fuel economy issue.

Ike

36racin

Derf,
The 002's went for between $500-600
The 003's went for between $1400-1700
Last I looked the 3Kw ones were around the $400 range.

If you know the event number and item numberyou could check the prices on GL.

I missed out on the 002's so I'm still searching.

Todd

derf

Thanks. Though they are well worth it, I wouldn't have bid over $400 on the 016Ds.
So, I didn't miss anything by working instead of bidding.

IMO the 002s are too big for the power you get from them. They just aren't portable enough for 7500W. They are good units. But, if you're going to have to trailer it you may as well get an 003. 002s would be good for camps and such where they can be set up and would power everything.

I hope the guy who's been "tire kicking" my 003 was bidding on those 003s. I hope he got one. Then he can leave me alone.

Isaac-1

I agree portability is not that great on the MEP-002, but for an off grid camp, or even household backup they are hard to beat.

Ike

helomedic1171

So did the two Warner Robins units that went up in the same time period. the complete unit I was fighting for went upwards of $1500 when I let it go, and the "parts" unit (which had way more parts on it than the one I bought a few weeks ago... I know because I previewed both units when i picked up mine) went for $660. while that's not terrible, it was still missing the dc charging meter, the starter, filters (had cans but no filters, they were in a bag underneath) and the fuel tank. at least it had the IP.

I'm watching the next round of 003's that comes up, since now I know about 4 people who all want one. I really wanted one of those Ft Polk units, but decided that the gas from Savannah to LA would make it quite costly in the long run, when i could just put that towards one of the units coming up a little closer.

derf

I'd let my 003 go for what I have in it - $1300. We got it running but did not yet try to see if it makes power. The 24V charging stator is bad, for sure. That is as far as we got. We didn't even clean the crust from the tank, yet. I have one or two other projects in line before the 003 so if you know anyone looking PM me for pics and more details.

cucv1833

Anyone get a gen from this past week's GL auciton at Ft. Polk?
What did they go for?
I was going to bid on some 016Ds but got busy at work and didn't get a chance to bid.
I was going to PM you a few days ago and see if you got one. I was traveling overseas and didnt get to watch the bid. I wanted to know what they went for also being I got to preveiw all of them in person. They looked pretty good although I wasnt going to bid anyway. The mep016's looked the best.

I am happy with the one I got last month for $1100 but thats high but I had to have it:). The last auction a few weeks ago had a Mep002 with M116 trailer go for only $855

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Ft Polk 003As that I was watching went for $1490, $1925, and $1630, There is someone in MS re-selling who posts that he will have 003s this coming week. Suspect he might be the one. He sold an 002 recently for $1600, and has 2-30 kw sets advertised.

Folks are still thinking hurricane.

Munchies

I'm "the guy". I haven't bought any 003'a for almost two months. My last recovery in GA was a month late, and $800 over budget with a 24ft flatbed hino. My Chevy is killing me.:-?

1900 is about 1300 too much for me considering how many I buy that are junk.

I have one 30k. that was bought already, just load testing and doing the sewerzuk single phase conversion.

Last edited:

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your prices are good; was going to call you for the 002A, but found the dry ice wholesaler!

I'm curious about your comment about junk buys. Several folks have said they have been burned, but the majority appear to have made out ok. What would you estimate your 'junk' percentage to be?

Munchies

30% need MAJOR work. 50% need one or two things (vr, stator, fuel lines etc) 10% are locked up or just total losses and are good for parts. 10% oil ,filters, diesel, load test done.

Have one 10k right now that was purposefully sabotaged. Assuming it was so no one had to work on it/ get money for a new one.

Edit. I did make myself look dumb so I deleted the dumb part....

Last edited:

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Negative! The $1600 clearly was a good price, and, your delivery option made it even more attractive. The dry ice, which took some finding during Isaac, did away with the immediate need, so I did not have to call you. Glad you had a buyer.

Re the three girls, been there; still have the receipts. [thumbzup]

helomedic1171

I have twins. I got snipped once they were 8 months old. Doc said there was a good chance of having another set of multiples, and I told him my E-5 pay doesn't cover that much, so that was that. it's fun having girls, but I know what both of you are saying, and I've only just started....

Munchies, are you watching the next batch of Polk gensets? I'm hoping they don't go nuts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks